"Yall look bad as fuck." Chris said kissing keshia on the cheek. They made my heart warm. I've seen keshia have her fair share of disappointments in men so im glad she at least look happy now.
Girls sat on one side of the booth while thw guys sat on the other. "So how yall meet?" i asked Keshia. "Remember when yall was in New York and i was rushing off facetime."she said . I nodded remembering that. "Well i was going to see Chris's art exhibit thats where he invited me to." she said blushing.
"Wow so you do art." I said . "Yea mostly like spray paint art. I also do statues and things of that nature." chris said. I nodded my head.
"Hi I'll be you guys waitress this evening. Let's start you off with drinks." a perky mixed girl walked up to us.
"Long Island iced tea." August said as Chris agreed with him. "A bahmama mama please." Keshia said. "Scotch please with ice." i said looking at menu. She wrote down all the drinks then left .
"Damn Kaylan you been tryna get fucked up." Chris said laughing. "Boy please i drink that on a regular." I said laughing. He looked like he ain believe me.
"No really she do." August & Keshia said in unison. All i could do was smack my teeth.

Not too long after our drinks came back. And we all engrossed in our conversations.
"You seem tense." August said to me. Looking up at him i nodded my head. "Never been a date or even a group date before." I said sipping some of my scotch. "You lie." he said chuckling. His laugh was like music to my ears. "Im serious August. I've never been on a date." i said laughing. "So no millionaire or billionaire ever took you out. As fine as you is i find that hard to believe." He said sipping his drink. "Guess im not what anyone wants." i mumbled. "You're everything and more." he said to me taking off his shades . I admired his face even more. Smooth skin, perfect jawline, plump lips. But we was throwed off by shots ringing out. They guys instantly had us duck under the table along with them.
The bullets shooting out was making me panic. I started hyperventilating as August tried to calm me down. This is reminding me too much of when i was held captive.
"Lady ima need for you to calm down for me okay. Look at me." he said . I shook my head violently, This was too much. He grabbed my hand and squeezed my hand mumbling sweet nothings in my ear. That calmed me down a lil . The watch i had on was connected to Karin and she began talking.
"Boss your in danger. I hacked into their technology and they're after you. Lucky should be arriving in 5 minutes." Karin said. That only made things worst . Everything was elevated pushing my body into overdrive. I had to get them outta here , I dont want them to get hurt while people are out to get me. I came to the conclusion that im gonna have to do something I vowed to myself that i wont ever do.
I pulled out a 9mm out my purse while getting up off the floor and began shooting. Perfect precise shots at each target even hitting one when i wasn't looking. Swallowing all my fear i spoke.
"Yall done? I got 5 more bullets." I said strongly. Not too long after a guy in a black and red suit jumped down in front of me.

 Im pretty sure he'll be the new face of my nightmares

Im pretty sure he'll be the new face of my nightmares. "Listen im just here to kill you thats it. I kinda have a girlfriend i feel like fucking tonight." the man said. I motioned for keshia and them to run. I heard that viice from somewhere but where. We stood there silently almost like in those western movies waiting for the other to make their move first.

August's Pov

While running to the car I stopped trying to out together what the hell happened. "SO WE JUST GON FUCKING LEAVE HER IN THERE." I yelled. I was really pissed off and everyone even kaylan for stayin in there. "August she can handle herself." Keshia said out of breath. "The same kaylan that just had a fucking panic attack man Keshia fuck outta here with that shit." I said turning back to the restaurant. "August I'm serious . Kaylan can handle herself. You dont know her like I do." She said.
"The fuck thats suppose to mean." I said walking to her as Chris tried to keep distance between us. Keshia just stayed quite. This the same thing that happened in New York with Bruce and Tony basically i don't really know kaylan . This only makes me suspicious of what Kaylan is hiding.

Kaylan's Pov

"Why did they send you to kill me?" I asked confused. "Do it look like i ask for details . They just pay me . Also they want me to get your blood, but that ain important." He said. I looked at me arm and back at him instantly running away. Suddenly i stopped remembering why folks are after my blood.
When i stopped in the front of the restaurant where the others was. "Kaylan !." August called out to me. But i was still in a daze from when i was held captive.
The torture, The experiments, The abuse, The insanity, The nightmares. Every repressed memory came flooding back.

Deep down i seriously think something snapped in me. Two shots rang out shooting me in the stomach but I wasn't affected. I turned around and let out all the bullets i had aiming one at his head. He dropped down but i know he's not dead. I know who he is down.
"We have to go to New York now." i said going to the car. Everyone was still stuck standing except Keshia she was following me. "The fuck yall still standing there for." I yelled. Then they all rushed into the suv. "Lucky get me to the jet. Asap." i said . Then he pulled off.

"The fuck just happened." Chris said breaking the silence. Me and Keshia stayed quite finally arriving at my jet and my pilot there too . "Where too Boss." my pilot asks. "Stark Tower." i said going to the back of the plane to take care of my injuries. The plane began taking off when August came to come confront me with the others. By then i was just in leggings and my bra trying to get my body to push the bullets out. Im able to do it because my body will regenerate anyway.
"Kaylan you betta explain yourself right now." Keshia said looking weary. "For what?" i said testing the guys patience. A defense mechanism i gained whenever i got questioned. "Considering the fact we almost died cause of you . Dont you owe us an explanation on why these people were after you." Chris said. "Nigga if i fuckin knew dont you think i wouldve been handled this shit." i said tightening my body . One bullet popped out while the other was still in. "Dont you need a hospital." Chris said grossed out. "No im fine." i said.
"You're always fucking fine right . People died cause of you , cause people are after you. The fuck did you do to them." August spoke up.
The one cut deep. I dont even know why these people want my blood now, but i have an idea why. I looked down shamefully feeling guilt even if it wasn't my fault.
"Boss I notified Mr.Stark that you will be landing soon." Karin said . Her voice calmed me down a bit. I just ignored them and grabbed a knife to cut the bullet out. "The fuck are you doing." Chris asked tryin to stop me , while keshia grabbed him. "I got this." I simply said as i became digging in my body with the knife until it stopped at the bullet. Then i pulled it out asking Keshia to pass me the body wrap as she did.
August just walked out along with Chris. I dont have to explain anything to them.

"Kaylan you gon have explain it to August." Keshia said sitting on the bed. "And why would i do that? So he can leave me like everyone else." i said scoffing at the past. "I don't think August is like that. You need to let that hurt shit go forreal." She said about to walk out too. "You said it like the shit is easy." i mumbled.
"It is when you try. You butt hurt over a nigga." She stated. Thats where she fucked up at . It ain jus bout no nigga. She doesn't know my life story or even the fact i was captured before. "The ain bout no nigga. How bout you try gettin over Being tortured, being experimented on, being abuse , and being captured and let me know how you far off." i said. Keshia just looked at me and walked off.

Seems like no one would understand.