30

Kentrell DeSean Gaulden

Me and my boys was out to eat at Parrain's Seafood Restaurant. We decided to eat and then chill at the crib til it was time for the party. They was all joking around but I was too busy looking down at my phone, waiting for Janae to call or text.

"Det bitch gone look at me and say 'So I'm not pretty?' I looked at her like she was fucking stupid. HELLLL NO YOU AIN'T PRETTY. Gorilla looking ass bitch."

They all started laughing, except me. I knew she was home by now. It was 3 something and they left at 10. She was really pissing me off, like I wouldn't pop up on her ass. She betta ask somebody.

I drunk some of my sprite.

"Then look at dis depressed ass muhfucka." Quando said, pointing at me and laughing. Kd shook his head and patted my shoulder.

"Don't worry, it'll get better soon my friend." I looked at him out of the corner of my eye.

"Getcho fucking hand off me." I shrugged him off and went back to my phone. This nigga get on my nerves too. Aggravating ass.

"Hell I'm feeling like him. Nique ain't call me all damn day. Last time I talked to ha was earlier dis mawnin," Jay said.

"Kyasia ass too. Imma beat ha ass." Three shook his head.

All of they asses was trippin' today? Damn.

I pushed the though of her to the back of my head and changed the topic. I had some business shit to do anyway.

"Fuck allat. Anyway....We got 15 grams that needa be sold today. Handle det with da other niggas, count da money, send me da text, and when errthang clear we can head out to da party."

They all nodded they heads and I stood up, putting two 20's on the table.

"Catch y'all niggas lata on." I dapped them out and walked out and got in the car. I pulled my phone out checking it again.

Nothing but social media notifications, missed calls from Nia and Starr.

Nothing from Janae. I tossed my phone over to the passenger seat and started up my car. I reversed out the parking spot and drove off.

I needed a damn nap.

Janae Iyana Taylor.

I folded the last lil bit of clothes into my drawers as I talked to my mama about my trip. She had asked me so many questions, I felt like I was repeating myself. She sat on my bed, helping me with my clothes.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. But you know it's time to focus on school now."

We were at my dorm, cleaning and organizing for the new school year. I felt like she was finna start the topic that I didn't wanna talk about. School.

"Yes ma'am. I know." I nodded.

"It's your second year, so I expect nothing less than last year. We're rooting for you."

I just nodded my head again. I was really hoping my roommate, Keiya, would get here. I loved my mama so much, but sometimes she would get a lil aggy.

"Oh and by the way, we having a lil family get together later on. Your dad put gas in your car earlier today before you got here. So make sure you ready by 5."

I groaned and folded my arms. "Do I have to go?"

"Yes ma'am you do. Plus, Zay is really excited that you back home."

I rolled my eyes when she said my older cousins name. We were only about 3 weeks apart, but he was honestly my big brother. We never referred to each as cousins. It was always 'brotha this' and 'brotha that'.