28

Janae Iyana Taylor
6:09am
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Pleaseeee god. Pleaseeeee. My nerves were getting the best of me and my legs started shaking. The taste of throw up in my mouth made it even worst. I puked my guts out this morning. Nique held my hand while Ky rubbed my back. I was trying my best to keep it together but I was hoping....PRAYING.....This shit was negative.

"Are you sure you need to be taking this?" Nique asked.

"Yes!" I yelled, getting a little aggravated. "I'm late. 10 motherfucking days. What else could be the reason?"

It was quiet for a couple seconds as we waited for the pregnancy test results to come back.

"No matter what happens we are here for you. Foreva and always." They hugged me, which only made me feel better for a second. I bit my bottom lip as I waited for the results to come back. My thoughts were going crazy. 100mph.
What will Kentrell say? What will my parents say? Will I still be able to go to school? Will I have to drop out? Will Kentrell stay with me? Will he even be a good dad? Am I even ready for this? Hell fuck no. Will-

Ding!

My thoughts were interrupted and I shot my head up, so did Nique and Ky. I stood up and grabbed the test off the counter. Nique and Ky were right behind me, peaking over my shoulder. I closed my eyes, breathed in and out, then looked at it.

What

The

Fuck

There were two clearly visible lines.

This wasn't real. This couldn't be real.

I'm pregnant.

I was at a lost for words. Didn't know what to think or say. Nique and Ky wrapped their arms around me as I began to cry. Eventually we ended up on the bathroom floor. I was embraced in a tight hug from them and that didn't make me feel better.

"W-What am I gonna do? I can't be pregnant! I can't...." I continued crying. They didn't say anything they just continued to comfort me. After a while, I stopped crying and just sat there thinking about everything.

"Get up Nae. We need to talk about this." Nique got up, helping me to my feet. Ky walked behind us. We all sat on the bed. I stared into space, still not wrapping my head around this.

"Do you want to tell Kentr-

"No. Definitely not." I shook my head vigorously.

"But Janae...You pregnant. You gotta let him know."

I held up my hand. "No! I'm not telling him. Do you even know how he'll react. He'll go crazy. He already has one child, possibility of another, and now one more. That's...Thats fucking crazy."

Nique and Ky looked at each other and sighed.

"Well whatever you decide, we are here for you and support your choice."

"Thank you." I smiled. This is why I loved them. But then something came into my head. I looked up, my eyes wide as hell.

"Y'ALL."
They looked at me like I was crazy.

"What am I go tell my parents??" I asked, losing my shit again.

"Ohhh shit." They said at the same time. I put my head in my hands.

I already knew they would be sooo disappointed. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they disowned me. All my life I have been seen as the innocent sweet little girl from the Taylor family. At church, they would always tell my parents how I was such a good child. My parents love to brag about me. I was their trophy that they showed to the world. Now their oh so lovely daughter is pregnant at 19 YEARS OLD. They trusted me soooo much on this trip. I basically lost all of their trust now. This whole trip only happened because they wanted the best for me, they wanted me to be happy, THEY wanted to be happy. But now....All this trip really brought it a world or trouble.

I heard buzzing and lifted my head. Nique got my phone and handed it to me. It was my mom calling. I cleared my throat and practiced saying hello before I answered.

"Hey mama."

"Hey sweetie. Y'all up?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am. We finna load the car, make a quick stop at the store, and we'll be on our way."

"Okay. We'll be at the airport to pick you guys up. See you when you get here. Love you! Be safe, all of y'all!

The tears formed in my eyes. "Okay, Love you too ma."

"Alright b-"

I hurried and hung up, feeling myself on the verge of crying. I felt stupid.....Pregnant?

Ky rubbed my arm. "You ready?" She asked. I nodded and they got up and left the room. I went into the bathroom and took a shower washing my body, feeling totally disgusted at myself. I looked down at my stomach as the water ran down it. I put my hand over my stomach and sighed.
No matter what the circumstances were, I vowed that no matter what, I would give my child the best life. I don't care who stays or goes, regardless my child was gone be straight.
I got out, wrapping a towel around me. Walking pass the mirror, I paused and looked at myself. I didn't even know who the girl was in the mirror. Sure as hell wasn't the Janae Taylor I know. I had completely changed over the summer. I was a brand new person. And I didn't like it.
I left the bathroom and went in the closet to find something to wear. I decided on a white hoodie Kentrell left that said NBA on the front. I slipped on a pair of black tights and my white furry slides. When I finished I began pulling my belongings down the stairs. I took two suitcases at first then went back and got my make up stuff and shoes and other essentials. Nique locked the front door while we piled our things into the car and got in. Nique looked at my through the rear view mirror.

"You good?" She asked. I just nodded my head.

"I told Three we left the house. Might be a possibility Kentrell will call. You sure you'll be okay?" Ky turned and looked at me.

"Yeah. I'm ight." I said dryly and looked out the window as Nique began driving.

The whole time I was thinking about my future and what it would be like. I wondered if Kentrell would be in my life, if my parents would still hate me, how different everything would be.
I know I didn't want to be pregnant, but I refuse to abort it. That's a def no-no. I couldn't imagine taking an unborn life.
This was gonna be a hell of an experience and I was no where near prepared.

My ringer went off and I pulled my phone out my pocket.

Incoming call from....
Babyboy💚😌

Ky turned and looked at me. "Is it him?"
I nodded my head. "You got this. Act normal."

Easier said than done.

I answered.

"Hello?" I cleared my throat.

"Wassup witchu not telling me you was finna leave?"

"I forgot. I'm sorry. I told you yesterday tho."

He smacked his teeth. "Yeah but still..."

"Well we finna stop at the store to get some snacks and then we 'll be boarding the plane."

"Ight. Well call me when you get home. Be safe."

"Okay. Love you."

"Luhh you too ma."

I hung up. I was so relieved because that went better than I expected. I thought I was gone pass out or something.

"You did good." Nique said.

I continued looking out the window.

I really couldn't tell Kentrell I was pregnant. Not right now. Maybe when I'm ready. Not soon though. I was obviously gone tell him before the baby got here. I just wanted to talk to my parents first and then talk to him. Knowing Kentrell, talking to my parents might be easier.

But then again.....It might not.