50

Chapter 50 – Finale

Kyle's POV

Jake's first meeting with my parents gave me so much feels and emotions, hindi ko nalang pinahalata kay Jake na kinakabahan ako and that I was not certain about my parents' decisions but despite all of it we got my daddy's approval.

"Nakita mo sana yung mukha mo. It was epic!" I laughed at him. After the dinner, we decided to go outside para magpahangin and then he brought me to this place, a restaurant by the sea, hindi para kumain pero para mag unwind kasi daw na stress siya sa mga nangyari during our dinner.

"Natakot kaya ako na baka hindi tayo payagan ng daddy mo." He's acting like a child again wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Oh? Nasan na yung confidence mo kanina?" I'm still teasing him.

"Why are you teasing me ba? Stop it. Don't you like what happened? We got your daddy's approval!"

"Alam ko. But..." He faced me suddenly.

"But?"

"But even if he didn't approve, I will still insist." I kissed him in the lips. He's surely surprised kasi this is the first time that I initiated the kiss.

"I love you." I told him. Who would've thought that we will end up together? I didn't even like the idea before because of my hatred. Alam ko na marami akong nasayang na panahon, na sana kung mas naging open ako sa chances at possibilities edi sana matagal ko nang nalaman yung katotohanan.

"I know what you're thinking." He looked at me and cupped my face.

"So mind reader ka na ngayon?"

"The past doesn't matter anymore, okay? 'twas a lesson for all of us. I know that you're thinking about the time that was wasted as much as I do. Kahit naman ako, my impatience caused me nothing but bad things. It was when I realized that I should trust the process. What matters now is what we have."

"Ilang taon na lang at ga-graduate ka na, you will work, be exposed to a new environment, you—"

"Why are you so worried about the future? Kyle, we need to enjoy and cherish what we have now. It's a gift that is why it's called a present. Yes, we need to think about our future but why bother when it'll all give you nothing but anxiety and worries?"

"So you mean...you mean—"

"What I mean is that I love you and I will never leave you kahit na maging doctor na ako. Promise I will always have my eyes on you."

This looks like a dream come true, it's like a de ja vu. I remember a letter I wrote him, it was about my dream, a dream where me and Jake will sit near the beach, cold breeze and under the big bright moon and talk about our future lives, together.

"You should stop overthinking."

"Easy for you to say." Bulong ko.

"Remember the letter you wrote to me? It was like this diba? I kept all you letters and I always read it especially noong mga panahon na hinahanap pa kita."

"Buti hindi mo sinunog?"

"Bakit ko naman susunogin eh bigay naman 'yon ng mahal ko? I should cherish those stuffs kasi hindi ko alam kung kalian kita ulit makikita."

I paused and hold his hand.

"But now you have me." I uttered.

"And I will never let go of you ever again."

The moon was a witness to our promise. My dream to have the only guy that I have ever loved beside me, finally came true.  

***

End of Dream Guy