46

Chapter 46

Kyle's POV

"I-I'm sorry kung late ako."

"I thought you wouldn't come." I sat at the old table and faced him.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I just want to go straight to the point. Kung may kailangan kaming dapat tapusin then we should end it immediately. I don't want to be distracted from all of these shitty stuffs anymore, my grades are decreasing and I need to get back on track. Also, I think I should enjoy my college life. Ayokong sayangin ang buhay ko dahil lang dito sa nararamdaman ko.

"Or better yet let me ask you nalang. Nung high school—"

"I'm sorry."

"Hm?" Fuck it! Hindi ako makapagsalita. I wanted to curse him, to tell him how shitty he was as a person and how he proved to me that he was and always been an asshole.

"Alam ko kung anong nangyari sayo noon. They hurt you. And I just want to tell you na it's not my fault, I never wanted to hurt you. And I'm sorry because I wasn't there to protect you."

"As if naman maniniwala ako sayo? You don't even know what you did to me. Ilang taon din akong nahirapan dahil sayo. And now, when I think about it, nakakatawa lang kasi nandito ka ngayon sa harapan ko explaining to me everything. You know what? Let me tell you this straight Jake, I'm already over you. Matagal na. I want to have a peaceful college life, tapos na ako sa lahat ng sakit dahil sayo. So please." I stood up.

"I guess wala na tayong dapat pag-usapan pa." That's easy and fast, I guess.

"I love you." The words I heard stopped me from walking.

"I love you Kyle." Totoo ba 'tong nakikita ko? He's crying in front of me?

"I know that it's too late for me to say this pero I want you to know that I love you, I care for you."

"Why are you saying this to me now?" Why?

"Dahil sawa na akong matakot. Sawang-sawa na akong maiwan ulit. I just can't afford to lose you again. Hinanap kita Kyle, nung high school, nung nalaman ko na nag transfer ka I immediately looked for you tapos pagdating ko sa bahay niyo wala na kayo doon. Hinanap ko ang contact number mo pero nagpalit ka na agad. You even deactivated your social media accounts."

"Ano ba sa tingin mo ang gagawin ko Jake? Sirang-sira ako nung mga panahon na 'yon. You think I wanted to talk to anyone after what happened? Hindi nga ako nakipag-usap sa mga magulang ko nang ilang linggo! Fuck it! At dahil 'yon sayo!"

"I'm really sorry Kyle."

"Sinuportahan kita sa lahat nang mga ginagawa mo. I sent tons of letters for you to read and be motivated pero anong nakuha ko? Mga pasa at sugat? Hindi nga kita nakitang ngumiti habang binabasa mo yung mga sulat ko. I was thinking na baka nga ayaw mo saakin, you're annoyed and at the end of the day you'll just throw all my letters. Napaka childish ko. Pero I was thankful because you're the reason why I push myself as hard as I could to excel in everything. Pero never 'yon naging enough saakin eh." Tears ran down from my eyes. Mabilis kong pinunasan ang mga luha. Shit hindi niya dapat akong makitang umiiyak.

"Alam mo, naniwala na sana ako na nagbago kana. I tried to open myself again and I started to believe in you. Pero..."

"Kyle." Karl appeared out of nowhere.

"I wanted you to see this." Ibinigay ni Kyle saakin ang phone niya. It's Gilbert's video.

"Anong gagawin mo dito?" Tanong ko sakanya.

"If you want to know the truth panuorin mo 'yan."

I played the video.

"Kyle. I'm sorry. Alam kong napakalaki ng galit mo saakin dahil sa ginawa ko, I admit na what I did was very wrong. But I know that you're a good person and someday you'll find forgiveness in your heart. Alam ko na you'll never come here sa prison and I will never get a chance to talk to you or explain to you what really did happen." He paused. My hands are shaking.

"Walang kasalanan si Jake. I lied to you. Hindi niya kasalanan ang nangyari kasi simula't-sapol pa lang mahal ka na niya. Kahit minsan ay hindi niya ako napansin, ni minsan ay hindi ko nakita sa mga mata niya ang pagtingin na meron siya para sayo. He was the love of my life Kyle. Napuno ng gali ang puso ko, ako ang dahilan kung bakit ka nabugbog noong high school at ako ang nagutos na ipakidnap ka. Walang kinalaman si Jake, Kyle. I'm really sorry, all that Jake did was to love you. Alam ko naman na hanggang ngayon ay mahal ka pa rin niya. Please forgive him. Kahit siya nalang ang patawarin mo at hindi ako. I guess this is what I get for loving someone who's already in love with other person. If you see Jake, please tell him na I'm sorry. I'm really sorry sa lahat-lahat. I won't bother you anymore Kyle. Sorry." And the video ended.

Tears fell on the screen of the cellphone. Gad I can't stop crying. All this time, lahat ng pinawalaan ko, it was all a lie. Nagtanim ako ng galit sa taong mahal ko. I'm sad, really hurt. I'm disappointed myself once again.

"It's okay." I felt the warm hug. Someone hugged me and patted my head gently.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry Jake."

-

End of chapter forty-six.

a/n: KYLE FINALLY HEARD THE TRUTH FROM

GILBERT! I feel sorry for Gilbert but I guess he really needs to pay for all his sins. Any thoughts?