Part 7

ARLO
I'm here

There's no point in texting Seraphina, since she never responds. When she called me earlier was the first in weeks. I was hesitant at first but figured it was worth it.

10 minutes late, of course.

Suddenly, stomping was heard to my right as I sat on the bench. I turned my head only to see Seraphina completely out of breath holding what looked like a box.

"About time."
"Shut up. You're lucky I came at all."
"I knew you would."

Knowing I'm right, she sat down reluctantly.

"So you go first, since you act you have the answers to the universe."
"Show me what's in the box first."
"Ugh, just tell Remi, Isen, and Blyke to stop hiding behind a tree. It's not working."

Shocked, Isen, Remi, and Blyke came out from behind the bushes covered in leaves.

"How da Fuq could you tell it was us?!" Blyke yelled.

"First, Isen's eyes were glowing though the bush. Second, Remi, your hair is in a HIGH ponytail. Did you think it wouldn't be noticeable?"

"ISEN! I TOLD YOU YOU DIDN'T NEED YORU ABILITY ACTIVE! AND REMI..."

"Can you stop yelling we have other thing to talk about!" I whisper-shouted at Blyke.

Blyke silently cursed under his breath and sat down on the bench across from Sera and I, along with the others.

"So, you mind telling us what's in the box?" Blyke quietly barked, obviously still upset.

"That's what I was going to do I had to call you out first." Seraphina hissed back. I rolled my eyes at this annoying arguing. Will we ever get to the point be the way this is playing out?

"Now..." Finally.

Seraphina reached inside the box just to pull out seemed like...ashes... Oh no

John, what did you do?!

Arlo doesn't think it's...

Or does he?