‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝟎𝟏.

Feyre P.O.V.

I walk into the library, my shoulders thrown back and my chin raised. My silk, blue gown trailing behind me like a liquid morning sky in Velaris. Rhysand and I were just in a meeting with the other High Lords about taking down the wall and that......well let's just say it didn't end well. Tamlin and Beron have there stupid, little, ignorant hearts set that humans are still "mere, puny mortals that die in a blink of an eye" quote Tamlin. I don't know if there is anything in this world that could possibly change there mind. Kallias and Thesan haven't said which side they support and looked uneasy with the topic, Helion and Tarquin, cauldron bless them, are completely sure that taking down the wall is a good idea. To say the least, it wasn't one of our more productive meetings.

My mind yanks me back to reality as I practically run into a bookshelf. I look at the priestess who is smiling at me and shaking her head, I give her a crooked smile of my own as a way of greeting before wandering off to find something to read. I need to get my mind off everything going on......And I can't wait to sit down on one of those sinfully comfy couches. Cauldron knows I need to relax my sore back. Maybe I'll ask Rhys for a massage tonight though I can't promise we won't get distracted with....other things. Not that I mind.

I pass rows and rows of books, letting my senses fill with the smell of dusty pages and worn out leather. This is my sanctuary, right here. In a place with thousands and thousands of years of knowledge. My mind wanders off but when a title catches my eye, I halt and my gaze seems to sparkle at the silver title embroided into the spine of a grey leather book. Throne of Glass. Seems like a promising title. I melt into one of the oversized leather sofas accommodated for Illyrian wings while flipping to the first page.

The book takes me on a journey into The Salt Mines of Endovier, where a mortal girl named Celeana Sardothien who you find out is an assassin gets taken into Adarlan by the crown prince, Dorian Havilliard and the Captain of the Guard, Chaol Westfall to participate in a competition to become the King's Champion. She does become the King's Champion if you're wondering. But then a ton of stuff happens and you find out that she's actually the lost fae queen to Terrassen, Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. So many plot twists.

So many plot twists in fact that I didn't even realize how late it was until I felt 2 familiar scents of citrus and sea and jasmine and lemon wrap my mind and body. A smile immediately broke across my face as my gaze met 2 pairs of gorgeous violet ones. Rhysand slipped thru the crack in my mental shields that I always left open for him.

"Missed me, Feyre darling?" Rhysand purred.

"Not really, but I missed her", I replied with a small smile.

Rhysand frowns causing me to laugh a little, I set aside my book while he handed me Audra, our beautiful 4 year old daughter. As I took her into my arms, I looked at Rhysand who looked at her with the same love and adoration as he did the day she was born. He gently sunk into the spot next to me while spooning both of us closer to him. I softly placed my head into the crook of his neck while I took in Audra. Her eyes gleamed with a sort of mischievousness that I saw on Rhys too many times, her blue, black hair was pulled back into a perfect braid that was slightly ruffled, her small wings were out and her pale purple dress was covered in speckles of dirt and mud.

"What have both of you been up to?" I said as my eyes met hers once again.

"Daddy and I went flying!" she said practically jumping up and down on my lap with excitement. Her voice was like a melody to my ears making my smile only grow bigger. I knew my mate felt the same because I could practically feel Rhys grinning at my ear.

"Hhhm, just flying?" I asked as I smoothed out her mud splattered dress with my hand. Her cheeks turned bright red and her eyes darted to Rhys' begging him to explain. My eyes followed hers and landed on my mate's who was already looking at me.

He chuckled. "Well....," he said with a hint of amusement in his voice, he sent me a vision of what happened and it took all my willpower not to burst out laughing. The vision had shown Audra and Rhys stopping for a snack and Audra was standing a little too close to the road. It had rained yesterday in Velaris and the ground was still quite muddy so when a wagon had gone by with supplies, it had splattered Audra with mud. She looked so embarrassed which just made her look so much cuter in the scene.

I looked at Audra whose eyes were darting between us trying to figure out what was going on. By now she had figured out that me and Rhys could talk without actually saying anything but, she still got confused sometimes. I smile softly and said "That's nothing to be shy of, sweetheart". She just pouted and crossed her arms, leaning her head on my shoulder. She looked so adorable doing that. I smiled again.

We spent some time like that, all of us cuddled together, sharing each other's warmth until Audra stated that she wanted a bath and left me and Rhys alone. I cuddled deeper into him while he said in a teasing voice "What book kept you so interested that you didn't even miss me".

I chuckled, feeling the vibrations from his chest, "It's called Throne of Glass" I yawned. He just hummed in response as he stood up offering me his hand which I gladly took.

"Let's get to bed" he said, his voice suddenly tired, the days work finally catching up to him. I nod tucking the book underneath my arm and walking ahead of him.

"On second thought, you look gorgeous in that dress Feyre, darling" He purred down the mating bond.

"I know", I drawl.

Suddenly not tired, I smirk and look back at him over my shoulder, winking and winnowing into our bedroom, the book already long forgotten.

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Next one's going to be Aelin starting to read ACoTaR. I will try to keep a steady pace of posting a chapter or two depending if I'm up for it or not every week but I can't promise anything. Thanks for reading. Vote and comment. Bye!

To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered,

#MultiFandoms

2022 - 07 - 25

2022 - 07 - 25

I've heard your complaints and comments and yes, I'm well aware that it's not physically possible to read through the Throne of Glass in one sitting but please just use some creative liberty to excuse the unrealisticness of that one particular scene. Maybe she's an extremely fast reader cause she's fae or something idk. Pls guys I was like 11 😭