Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

The remainder of the day, I continued to hold my tears back. I had a lump in my throat all day, even though Ashton comforted me through every second of it. What made me really sick is that Calum didn't even act like any of this was a big deal. He even tried to have a normal conversation with me, like nothing ever happened. As soon as he started to talk to me, Ashton stepped in and shooed him away. He was really mad at him, and so was I.
The show wasn't any better, either. I never felt any sparks like I did before when Calum and I harmonized together. Now, it just sounded normal. Nothing special.
After the show, we headed back to the hotel and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep.

The next morning, we packed up and checked out of our hotel rooms. We all hopped into the bus and headed to the air port. Again, this was another day where I would stick with Ashton. He has been comforting me through my situation with Calum, and I loved him for that. I say with him on the plane, and never even spoke to Calum once.

The plane began to take off, and I talked to Ashton to get my mind off of Calum, who was conveniently sitting in the row beside us. How wonderful.

"I can't believe I'm going to Japan." I said in disbelief.

"I know. It's exciting. I haven't been yet, either." He said.

I smiled a weak smile and looked down at my hands.

"Hey. I don't want you to worry about anything that's going on right now. Just focus on having fun with me, Luke, and Michael. We are party animals." He said doing a little dance move in his seat.

I laughed at his poor dancing skills and the smile was soon wiped off of my face.

"I can't stop thinking about it, Ashton. When I saw it, my heart almost dropped out in my chest. The night before, he really acted like he was in love with me. And I believed him" I told him.

"That's what I was trying to say earlier. One moment, he will act like your the only girl in the world and the next, he throws you in the dumpster. I'm so sorry that happened to you, Pres." He said wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back and put my head against him.

"I'm so tired." I murmured.

"You just get some rest, and think about what a fun time we are gonna have in Japan." He said scooting me over to lean on him.
I leaned up against his warm body, and soon found myself thinking about the rest of the tour, and I began to fall asleep.

*Ashton's POV*

I leaned Presley up against me and let her rest for a while. I felt so sorry for her. If only she had listened earlier, her heart would still be in one piece right now. But now I'm going to fix it. Im going to make things better for her. Hopefully win her heart over.

As she slept, I looked over at Calum, who was angrily staring at me and her.
I looked him straight in the eyes, shook my head slowly and turned away from him. He acted like he did nothing.
I just ignored him and looked out the plane window. All I saw was blue, and I got lost in the colors of the waters and sky outside of my window, and began to drift off. Before I knew it, I was asleep, my headed leaning over on Presley's head. It seemed a bit awkward because this was the moment she and Calum had last time she was on a plane. But at least this moment is one that can be shared for real.
We both looked up at each other when we woke up. She smiled when she realized the I was so close to her. I smiled and turned to look out the window. Suddenly, I felt a pair of lips plant a soft kiss on my cheek. I looked over and saw Presley sitting back in her original spot and smiled.

"What was that?" I asked happily.

"I wanted to see what it felt like to kiss someone who actually cares." She said softly as she snuggled back up to me.

Her words warmed my heart. For the rest of the plane ride, we talked about random things. Things that made us laugh, smile, and so on.

When we landed, I got up after her, and we walked off of the plane after everyone else. We all headed to get our luggage, and she stayed with me at all times. As we headed down the long hallway to the entrance of the air port, I heard Luke scream something, and start running in front of us.

"Where's he going?" Presley asked, just as confused as I was.
Then I realized what he was running to.

*Presley's POV*

Luke began running towards a girl who looked who looked very similar to me. Blonde hair, blue eyes, about my height. The only thing that was different about us is that she looked more like a girly girl, wearing over sized sweaters and leggings with uggs.

"AUDREY!" He screamed picking her up and spinning her around.
The other three guys ran to her also, so I joined in and ran too.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asked the girl, who I'm assuming was Audrey.

"I'm here for you, silly. I have a surprise for you..." She began

"I'm coming on your with you guys!" She yelled.

"What?" Luke screamed with excitement.

He picked her up, once again, and spun her around. He gently put her down and pressed his lips lightly up against hers. He lifted his lips off of hers and looked down at her with the biggest smile on his face.

"I love you so much. Ever since I moved back to Australia, I have though about you every second, babe." He said to her.

She smiled and took his hands in hers.

Wow. I didn't think long distance relationships lasted. Apparently, they do. And when did Luke move away from Australia? He's never mentioned that.

The two of them walked together in front of me and Ashton. Luke just kept looking down at the girl, and smiling like he's never smiled before.
If only I could have someone like that.

I looked up at Ashton with a look of confusion.

"I'll tell you about her later. Let's just look at how happy they are. It's so cute." He said scrunching his nose.
I walked beside Ashton, and wanted to grab his hands and hung him. But i didn't. I didn't want to take things too fast.

_________________

Short chapter. Bye.