Monster

He could hear voices calling his name but whether they were real or not was beyond him. He needed to relax, he needed to get control of his emotions before he pushed forward to find out whether or not those voices were real. From what he could detect, it was Colby's voice, though his voice has been absent for a good few minutes, probably confirming hearing him at all was probably a mirage of some sort. He was squeezed into a tight space within a wardrobe he found; it reeked of mothballs and medicine but he didn't really care.

He was stupid. He felt ridiculous but at the same time he knew he had to come ere and face his demons because this is where the source of his craze originated from and he had to face them. It was silly of him to go by himself which is a problem he's had for a long time; proving things by himself when he knew it wasn't safe. He still felt his throat burning and his body felt weak but he still shook like a leaf. He was willing and ready to rush to the next hiding spot if he had to; he needed time to get over himself before going on bravely... He didn't feel very brave at that moment.

He almost immediately stopped shivering when he heard the door to the room he was in creek further open, his body tensing and his hand automatically raising to his lips to shush himself. Footsteps, slow and cautious. He prayed for them to just leave and have him sit there in his frightful peace but the voice that left the host shook him in his surprise.

"Sam?" Colby.

Instinctively he pushed on the wardrobe door and it swung open, the form of Colby turning around and looking over at Sam with a surprised expression before relief seemed to flush into his features and he immediately went over to Sam who started to cry again, overwhelmed with joy that it was actually Colby. Colby came over and kneeled in front of the wardrobe, taking Sam's outstretched hand and letting him shift out of his confinements and towards Colby.

"Colby! I-I'm so sorry I- "

"Hey hey, shhh, don't worry it's okay", he expressed as he held out his other hand towards Sam's cheek but didn't touch it, watching the blonde keel over a bit and lean into his wavering touch. "What's important is that I've found you", he expressed slowly and Sam gave a small nod, closing his eyes a bit as shame overwhelmed his senses. He was more ashamed of acting behind Colby's back than he was reeling in fear, now that Colby was in fact in front of him.

"I-I never should've done this alone. I should've told you but... I didn't think you'd allow me to come here if I told you... I feel so... I feel like shit for doing this to you I'm so sorry Colby", he tried to lean in and hug Colby but the other male stopped him by lightly grasping his shoulders and forcing him to look into his stern eyes.

"It's okay Sam really. This was... Clearly something you had to do for yourself right? There's no reason for you to just leave me so suddenly without much word right? I trust you had your reasons", he expressed but this made Sam frown more in dismay at how understanding Colby was appearing to be; he was half expecting him to be more frantic and pissed off but he was more so calm and compassionate; not that Sam would complain about his endearing attitude. "Do you think you've found what you've come for?"

"I... I'm not sure yet", Sam shook his head and Colby gave a soft smile.

"Then we should keep looking around until you find whatever it is you're searching for right?" This confused Sam. Why is he being so understanding? Colby's usually more overprotective than this wasn't he? And he should be able to tell Sam was attacked just by the red bruises forming on his neck and he hasn't even asked about those? Why was he being so strange?

"You... Really mean we should stick around here more?" Sam asked as Colby moved to stand, looking down at Sam with a gentle smile that would usually simmer any issues he had in an instant, but now it looked so foreign on his lips.