Therapy

'Therapy' for Sam and Colby was going nowhere. The two spent most of the time twiddling their thumbs and giving small grunts to respond to her questions. Sam clung to Colby's arm, his head rested on his shoulder as he listened to Dr Kingsly speak and ask.

Her eyes were fully trained on Sam, she would ask him a few questions but Colby answered them the majority of the time.

"You two are very close", She commented as Sam nuzzled his head into the side of Colby's neck and whispered a silent 'when can we go' that only Colby could hear.

"I assumed that was obvious from the moment we came in", Colby responded, looking down at Sam who leaned closer and pressed his forehead to Colby's, their noses brushing. "It was, but now I'm asking for the specifications", she interlaced her fingers and leaned forward slightly.

"How long have you two been a couple?"

"Hmm, not long enough", Sam surprisingly responded, suddenly filled with the desire to receive Colby's attention like a needy puppy. "We've known each other since school but we've only been romantically involved for a week", Colby turned his head away from Sam to look at Jane.

"Why'd you wait so long?"

"We didn't 'wait' we just didn't think about it until the incident", Colby stated and Jane's eyes narrowed in curiosity. "Only until then huh?"

"Is that a problem?" Sam spoke up, his eyes finally moving back to the woman who stared right back curiously. "Of course not, it just strikes me as strange I suppose... Have you two always had homosexual tendencies?"

"No, we've never really been interested in the same sex... Besides I had a girlfriend before..." Sam's grab on Colby's arm tightened and his teeth grit together harshly. "Easy", Colby leaned over and nuzzled his head into the side of Sam's head.

"So after what happened you suddenly realised you wanted Colby so you left your girlfriend?"

"No... She..." Sam's face was reddening in frustration at just the mere thought of what happened with Katrina. "That's not what happened? What the fuck are you getting at?" Sm snarled and Colby wrapped an arm around him, whispering in his ear to tell him to calm down before he does something he may regret.

"Do you honestly want to hear my opinion?"

"Enlighten me, Doctor", Sam snickered sarcastically.

"You two were straight and went through this whole traumatic process now suddenly you're in love? Correct?"

Sam glared, not liking how she was phrasing it at all, even Colby narrowed his eyes at he in irritation. She sounded so cynical and spoke like it was some boring film. This was their life, how dare she treat it so lightly?

"It seems that because of this whole ordeal, the fact that you two were there together, you've developed some kind of post traumatic dependence on each other than you mask to be love", she explained and Sam's eyes widen in shock.

He felt so insulted.

"Are you saying that our love for each other is actually some kind of obsession?!"

"You sound like a child Sam, yes that's a very dramatic way of it. But I think that you two have created a need for each other so desperate you can't operate without being together", it kind of made sense but in the eyes of these young adults, they didn't like how she explained it at all. 

She made it sound like they were lingering on something that wasn't real. It was real, of course it was real.

"So, what would you suggest?"

"A temporary separation", she said blankly like it was obvious, the two looking at each other before looking back at her. The two almost didn't understand the words that left her mouth, unable to comprehend what 'separation' meant in that moment because the idea of them not being together for even a short amount of time was beyond their imaginations.

"Temporary... Sep-"

"No!" Sam exclaimed.

"It's just a suggestion", she defended and the two glared at her. "You two are far too dependent on one another and if it continues as it currently has, then at some point you're going to find yourselves in very compromising situations".

"You don't know shit about us!" Sam snapped, standing up to glare down at her, ignoring the dull pain that struck through him. "You don't know what we went through, how we feel and why we do! You think you can just make these claims because of your degree? Every single person and scenario is different!"

"I acknowledge that Mr Golbach, now could you please-"

"I want to leave, Colby let's leave now", Sam didn't even wait for a response before he collected his crutches and carried himself out the room, Colby having no choice but to follow. 

Colby understood what she was saying to a degree. He knew very well that they were far too dependent on each other, but it made sense why that would be the case, it wasn't like they asked to be like this. This session seemed to only succeed in pissing Sam off, which was something that Colby really didn't want.

He was only hoping that what she said wouldn't linger in Sam's mind, making him doubt their relationship again. Sam's conscience was a lot more fragile than what it used to be, it was almost petrifying. 

Sam was always the one willing to dive headfirst into risky situations and had a high tolerance but now...

______

"Calm down Sam", Colby uttered to his partner, watching as he threw a ball at the wall and caught it when it bounced back, his throws becoming harsher and stronger.

Sam glanced at him but said nothing, continuing to toss the ball at the wall. "Sam", Colby sat next to him on the floor and caught the ball when it came back. "Hey", he clutched Sam's chin and turned his head so they faced each other.

"Don't think about what she said".

"We don't have to go back there do we?" Sam grumbled, twiddling his thumbs. "No baby", Colby leaned closer to him, pressing his forehead against Sam's. "We don't have to separate either, okay?"

"Okay", Sam gave a relieved smile and leaned closer reluctantly.

Colby understood Sam's intention and leaned in as well, closing the gap between their mouths to initiate a soft and intimate kiss. The kiss might've progressed if it weren't for the knock at the door, the two breaking apart.

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in?" Elton's voice called and Sam confirmed that he could, the older male opening the door and looking in, his recording equipment in his hands. Colby could help the guilty yet nervous expression on Elton's face. Elton very rarely managed to convey emotions like regret or guilt so this made him very concerned.

"Heath, Amanda and I are uh going to record somewhere..."

"Okay?" Sam frowned, wondering he relevance.

"Where?" Colby eyed Elton down.

"We're going back to the hospital that-"

"You're not serious", Colby breathed while his eyes widened in horror. "We just wanna see if the place is still there and what happens if we go in", Elton defended. "Elton, I know you're some kind of weird sadist masochist but that is seriously so crazy", Colby snapped sternly, narrowing his eyes at Elton.

"Listen, nothing bad is gonna happen-"

"-Never heard that one before" Colby cut him off.

"Colby it's for-"

"I swear to god if you say 'it's for YouTube' Elton I swear to god".

"Just-"

"Can I come?" Sam interrupted and the two immediately stopped talking, looking at Sam. 

"What?"

"I want to come along", he said firmly. "Let me go with you".

_______________