A new chapter

"I think it's really nice", Colby expressed as Sam slowly followed him into the open space of the apartment room. It had been a couple of months since Sam's worst panic attack and he could happily admit that he has gotten better, much, much better. The time in the mansion had worn thin as they were given notice to leave, probably for some obvious reasons that no one wanted to divulge into. So Sam and Colby decided to find a place in an apartment, however, the shocking part was they weren't going to share one room. Sam would have his own apartment room and Colby would have his; it would be fine because they were neighbours and still very close to one another. It didn't matter at all, the likelihood of them just staying at each other's room every night was rather high.

"Very", Sam agreed while he rubbed his arm tenderly. He was still sensitive to moving around and outside of places he had grown accustomed to. This was new territory, though Colby was here, it still made him a bit anxious. "We can do a lot with these", Sam said as he walked over to join Colby's side, gently reaching to take his hand to which the other male allowed as their fingers intertwined and they exchanged soft smiles.

They had gotten back into the process of recording videos again, though they were not massive escapades like they used to be. The two eventually agreed to upload the hard evidence of their source of trauma, though they decided to wait until they were settled completely before releasing it. Their demands fell through and within the next month, that hospital would be bulldozed to the ground. They were still debating whether or not to watched it being torn apart, Sam was leaning more for it than Colby.

"For sure, consider this a uh... New chapter right? It can only go up from here", Colby placed his other hand over their intertwined fingers.

"How optimistic of you", Sam chuckled, and Colby mirrored his laugh before he turned to fully face the other male, leaning closer to him.

"I'd say it's more factual than just plain optimism. It's gonna be fine... We'll be fine", he said as his voice dropped to a low whisper, the two leaning closer to one another, eyes closing as breaths swept over their cheeks.

"I'd say I'm proud of you boys! You've grown so much! I'm a humbled aunt if anything!" Corey's voice caused the two to divert from their aim to embrace, their noses brushing over cheeks as they turned their heads away and separated. Though they were fully committed in one another, held no shame for their relationship in any shape or form... They were bashful, even around their friends. Not to mention they were bashful in the eyes of the media; it was quite known that they were seeing each other, but personally they kept their exchanges discrete. Perhaps it was just a side affect of their trauma, only depending on one another for everything... Their relationship was something they wanted just between them, not to share with anyone else; at least not their intimacy.

"Well, as long as you're happy, we're happy", Sam insisted while clapping his hands together and slowly making his way to Corey. He had a faint limp in his walk, a limp that would never cease for as long as he lived. He was just grateful that he could still walk so it didn't bother him too much. That didn't mean he couldn't ponder on it in moments of vulnerability. Looking down at his legs and being reminded of what happened to him... He tried not to think about it. Not to mention his hands; forever scarred from his breakdowns, his intention of hurting himself... It would forever be a part of him, and he was slowly beginning to accept that.

It happened. Nothing could change that but... He was flourishing. He wasn't alone. He had his friends and family and more than anything... He had Colby.

"Though I've gotta say, I'm gonna miss living with y'all. You're like my brothers, brother", Corey joked, and Sam cooed playfully as he hugged Corey from behind and they swayed.

"I bet you loved hearing me scream in the middle of the night from my night terrors", Sam spoke in a baby voice and Corey laughed and gave out a dazed sigh.