Attacked

"No", Colby said sternly and Sam's eyes flickered between the two. 

"Wait are you serious right now?" Elton asked, fiddling the camera back and forth in his hands.

"Hundred percent", Sam nodded firmly.

"Did I fucking stutter? No Sam, you can't go", Colby gave Sam a serious expression, his eyes narrowing at his significant other. 

"I wasn't asking you Colby", Sam stated calmly and this evoked a shocked reaction from both males. It's been a while since Sam has acted that way when it came to Colby, it was like a switch was activated in his mind.

"Elton, would it be okay if you let me tag along? I don't even have to go inside, I just-"

"Sam".

"Colby", Sam retaliated, giving the male a harsh stare. "I want to go back, for some reason, I feel like it'll be better if I can face the place at least once. You don't have to go with Colby, maybe me going with them and you staying here would be good?"

Elton and Colby looked at each other, they both seemed to be having the exact same thoughts. What the fuck was Sam talking about? After all that talk, all the tears shed, all the talks they've had, now Sam is acting like he didn't want Colby near him, was it wrong for Colby to feel slightly hurt by Sam's actions?

"Good? What are you on about? Are you pranking us right now?" Colby asked. "Or is this a prank on me?"

"No", Sam shrugged. "Separation right?" He added and Colby shook his head, kneeling in front of Sam to cup his cheeks and lean closer. 

"Regardless of whether what she said was true or not, this is a drastic step to take Sam, I don't think-"

"Colby", Sam said firmly as he placed his hands over Colby's, his gaze softening slightly as he offered and apologetic smile to his lover. "Let me do this".

"Sam I don't think that's a great idea", Elton intervened, not wanting them to get into a full fledged fight right now. 

"Guys, I'm not a fucking baby, I can handle just sitting in the car and waiting", Sam defended, now feeling outright fed up with their intent to keep him locked up, shielded like a child. He wanted to face his fears, was that wrong of him? He somewhat appreciated their concerns but if there's even the slightest possibility that he could be 'cured' for lack of a better term, he was going to take the chance head on.

Colby looked at the ground and then at Elton. "If he's going, so am I, there's no way in hell he's going there without me", Colby finally said and Elton rose his eyebrows at them. 

"Uh... Oh kay?" Elton did not expect this to happen at all. He wondered whether telling them in the first place was a bad option or not. He just hoped nothing chaotic would come out of this endeavor, that was the last thing they all needed right now.

__________

Their eyes stared from the car, watching their friends make their way into the damned place. Luckily it wasn't late all so the sun was still high in the sky which made the two feel slightly more at ease. Sam mentally battled with himself over how idiotic they were to do that video at night. Sure, they've done multiple other exploration videos in other places during the night that they came out safely, but that place was so sketchy that it was absurd to challenge, even for them.

"Place doesn't look all that scary when there's light..." Colby spoke up and Sam looked to him with a tired expression. 

"That's what makes this place worse", he added and Colby nodded in agreement.

"Why would you want to come back here?" Colby asked, disbelief lacing his tone. 

Sam stared at him and sighed. He honestly wasn't sure. When Elton mentioned that he was coming here, Sam immediately perked up in wanting to come back here. It was like he was trying to prove something that wasn't necessary. He supposed he wanted to prove to himself that this place wouldn't beat him. Yeah. That's it. He nodded subconsciously to himself.