Prisoners of War

Drago had this all planned out. He was taking control of Berk much faster than he had last time. This time, the insolent boy was gone.

He laughed. He was probably still back with Ryo crying over her body. She was dead. And he didn't care. She wasn't much use to him anyway until he learned how to change her.

Another roar came from the Bewilderbeast. Many dragons swarmed around a large building. Probably Berk's weapon supply.

But with that roar, came another. A familiar one. One that was burned into his skull ever since the day it the potion was tested.

Ryo.

He thought it couldn't be her, so he shook the roar away. Drago had plans. Plans he needed to focus on. He couldn't worry about some dead girl.

"DRAGO!" Someone yelled.

Drago whirled around. He saw an angry Ryo, with Hiccup peeking out from far behind. Toothless was waiting on the back of the Bewilderbeast. Drago almost dropped his staff.

"Ryo?" He said. "But you were,"

"Dead yes but we used the remedy potion you gave to Ryo and she also used a... Sterilizing, was it? potion to keep her in this form forever." Hiccup remarked from behind Ryo.

Ryo's face twitched. She didn't break eye contact with Drago. But Drago looked to Hiccup, as he was still popping out from behind Ryo with his index finger pointed out. Drago was confused.

Hiccup noticed the awkwardness. "Okay," he said and hid behind Ryo. He was now waiting for what would happen next.

Ryo stood there, cross-armed. She was enraged. He left her to die. He didn't care for her. Ever. She was just a prisoner to him. She realized he had always wanted kill her off.

And now she was to return the favor.

"But..." Drago stuttered. He still didn't have a grasp of the situation. "You were... Dead! You were! I saw you!"

Ryo broke her arms free. She started to walk briskly towards Drago. "That's what you thought you-" her last word was drowned out by the Bewilderbeast sending an icy freeze over a section of Berk. But Hiccup and Drago had heard it just fine.

Ryo confronted him and punched him in the face. He backed away a bit. He looked back to Ryo.

She was shaking her hand. Ryo had a small smile on her face. She was acting as though it hurt. "I've been waiting a long time to do that!" Hiccup was surprised by Ryo at the moment. She was becoming more daring. And Hiccup found it funny to watch her actions.

Drago regained his footing on the beast. His face squeezed together in anger. Somehow, he had begun to hate her even more.

"You were lucky I ever took you in," Drago said. "And this is how you treat me?!" He pointed his staff at her.

"Lucky?" She repeated. "Lucky?! You treated me as dirt!"

"I let you handle that mission,"

"I mission I no longer oblige to."

"I could have killed you. Along with your parents. I could have let you Roy in a cell."

"But I felt like I was in one."

Drago huffed with disgust. "Enough with this. If the Nightfury couldn't finish you off, I'll just have to do it myself." He turned around and screamed for reinforcements. About ten dragons responded and came.

Ryo thought quickly. She cupped her hands around her mouth. What sounded like Toothless' roar came from her mouth and echoed in the ears of the dragons. She roared again and the dragons stopped their wings. They fell to the ground and stayed there. They weren't dead, they were under Ryo's control.

Drago looked back.

"Your not the only one who can control dragons." She said.

"Maybe not," he shrugged. "But I can still control you." He swung his staff over his head and screamed as he did before.

Ryo's eyes hurt. She closed them and held them in her hands. She turned around to Hiccup. Hiccup noticed her eyes frequently changing between dragon and girl.

She was fighting him.

And she was winning.

Hiccup was still scared. "Ryo... What are you doing..." He said. Ryo's head twitched. Her eyes were still changing back and forth.

"Ryo. Snap out of it!" He said. He snapped his fingers.

Ryo's head twitched sideways. Her head was deciding what to do. A low growl came from the back of her throat.

Drago grinned.

Ryo's eyes stopped changing. She stood still for moment.

"I'm not going back there," she muttered. Then Ryo swung her arm around, but had missed Drago. "I'm not under your control anymore."

"Okay," Drago swung his staff towards her. She dodged it just in time.

But her wing didn't.