This Moment Right Here

Ryo woke up. For the first time since she met Drago, she slept soundly. She untied her hair.

It fell and gathered at the ground. It only took here five minutes to redo her hair. Ryo looked towards Hiccup.

He was gone.

Ryo freaked out. She crouched down to where he slept. She didn't see any traces of him leaving.

"Ugh, why, didn't I just TIE HIM UP?!" She talked to herself. "I should have known he would have just WALKED AWAY!"

She walked briskly through the forest. "Ugh. I should have KNOWN that this would happen! Why would a perfect guy, just like him," she angrily slapped a plant leaf out of the way. "Would have just walked awa..." She was cut off.

Hiccup was standing there. His arms were outstretched. Every Terrible Terror was perched on his arms and head. It was a funny sight.

Ryo covered her mouth and laughed. His face was priceless. He looked terrified and happy at the same time. It seemed like his mind was debating on which expression to appear on his face.

"And it looks like you've made some friends too!" She laughed.

"Yeah. Could you help me, I'm not really comfortable." Hiccup couldn't move.

"Sure." Ryo grabbed a stick. She walked to Hiccup and started to swat the Terrors away, careful not to hit one.

While swatting, she hit Hiccup in the head.

"Ow!" He yelled, which scared the rest of the Terrors off.

She winced. "Sorry!"

He held his head. There was a lump there now.

Ryo threw down the stick. "Here let me," she put her hand on his head.

"Ow! That hurts!"

She drew back. "Sorry. Um, here I have something." She took a leaf and pulled out another vile he had given to her. Ryo put two drops on the leaf. This was a pain soother remedy.

She turned to him. "Here, this should stop the pain."

Ryo stood in front of Hiccup. He was two inches taller than her. She liked it. But she had to help him.

Ryo tried to reach up and put the medication on his head.

"Here, let me just,"

"You sure you're doing this right?" Hiccup asked.

"Yeah, I've done this before."

"But I don't think-" Hiccup backed up.

"I wanna help."

Ryo was leaning on one foot trying to reach Hiccup, who was shying away from her. Hiccup didn't see the small Terrible Terror behind his feet.

Hiccup tripped, and Ryo fell with him.

His head collided with the ground, and her head collided with his chest.

Hiccup held his bruise. It hurt even more now.

Ryo was a little dazed it took her a minute to realize where she was. Hiccup didn't notice either.

She saw her surroundings spin, and she closed her eyes. When she reopened them, Ryo gasped and got her head off of him.

Hiccup had supported himself on his elbows. He saw Ryo staring at him.

She looked down to what she was clutching. It was the leaf. Ryo lifted her gaze to his head and placed the leaf on it. Hiccup's head had felt better.

Hiccup laughed. "I guess I should have let you put it on in the first place."

Ryo smiled. "Then we wouldn't be here."

Hiccup shifted his eyes. He laughed faintly. "Isn't that the point?"

Ryo smiled wider. She still had her head on his head. She had noticed his eyes. A feature she hadn't seen when he was asleep.

Hiccup noticed hers. He had never noticed the rings. He thought they were unique. He liked them.

Ryo had bitten her lip. Nothing could break their focus. Miraculously, something, or someone did.

Ryo noticed him. He was lurking in the shadows of the forest, watching her and Hiccup. His smile said "you are in love!"

Ryo squinted at him. He was behind Hiccup.

Hiccup noticed her new gaze. "Is, something... Wrong?" He started to look behind him.

Ryo held his face and turned it back to hers. "Nothing. No. I'm fine, I just thought I saw something."

Hiccup eyes her cautiously. Ryo quickly shifted her gaze back to Drago. He was lifting his staff.

Ryo's eyes widened. Drago swung the staff in a circle.

Game over, she thought. And she was right.