Toothless' Walk

Toothless stirred, as he couldn't fall asleep. He had a nightmare, in which Hiccup had fallen and he couldn't reach him. He was swept into darkness with Toothless left helpless. He tried adjusting, but it only made him more uncomfortable. He finally gave up and decided to walk.

Toothless rose from his stone, an headed for the stairs. His foot padded a board, and a loud squeak came about. He stopped still and looked towards Hiccup.

Hiccup turned to his side. Toothless continued on, this time more careful. He was finally out the door before Hiccup could notice he was gone.

Toothless was in front of the house. He sniffed the crisp air of daybreak. No one was awake, except for the occasional farmer. He trotted away towards the new sunrise.

Toothless looked through Berk. It was very quite. No music was playing and no one was around to wave hello. He wasn't used to Berk looking this way. Still, he continued walking.

Toothless met the edge of Berk. It was a small cliff behind a few houses, and it looked directly out to sea, where the sun was rising. Toothless sat there, enjoying the sunrise. Maybe going out early won't be so bad, he thought. Maybe I might actually enjoy it.

Birds began to chirp overhead, and Toothless knew Hiccup would wake soon. He turned to head back but something caught his eye.

A blue beam of light rose into the sky. It came off of Ravens Point. Toothless' eyes widened as he saw the light pierce through the clouds above it. But soon it faded down to nothing, but that was all Toothless needed to see.

He ran back to Hiccup, barreling through Berk, knocking over anything in his way.

Above Berk, Gothi was awake. She saw the light, and only she knew what it was. She started her decent down the mountain to warn the others.