Inside

Ryo threw herself back. She hunched herself over, away from Hiccup.

Hiccup had immediately rolled over and got to his knees. He crawled over to Ryo. He thought she was crying.

"Hey. What's wrong? What happened? Did I do something? I'm sorry if I did." Hiccup reached to place his hand on her shoulder.

When his hand touched her, she turned around. Hiccup released his hand.

Her eyes were widened. They were staring into his. No.

They were staring into his soul.

Her rings engulfed the black. The black was hardly noticeable now. Toothless had gotten up and sensed Hiccup was in danger. Lunar hadn't moved. Toothless had run to Hiccup's side, only to be backed away.

"No," Hiccup said. "You might make it worse! Stay back. Toothless, back!" Toothless reluctantly backed to a safe distance. Hiccup turned back to Ryo.

She held up her hand. The tip of her index finger was turning black. Quickly, like a virus, the black spread. It covered her finger, than it spread to her hand. Suddenly Ryo's hand was completely black. Her nails grew long and hard. They were razor sharp. The black spread up her arm, and into her dress.

She was breathing heavily. So what Hiccup. The difference was that Ryo knew what was happening, and she was afraid of it. Hiccup didn't know what was happening, and he feared the worst.

"What's happening." Hiccup breathed.

"What's happening, is that she was lying to you." Drago said. He emerged from the shadows of the wilderness.

Hiccup turned around. "You." He said. He drew his flame sword.

"On the contrary," he said with a smile. "She's the one you should be angry with."

Drago was standing beside the crippled version of Ryo. She was lying on her side, her back to Hiccup. She didn't want him to see her that way.

Hiccup looked to Ryo. "Is this true?"

Ryo turned her head slightly. "No... Hiccup... Please... He's... I..."

"She was planning to kill you." Drago finished for her. "It was her idea."

Hiccup shook his head. "No. No, that can't be true. I know Ryo. She wouldn't... There's no way,"

"You knew her for one day!" Drago said. He stepped in front of Ryo. "And you thought you knew her. Ha!"

Hiccup didn't know who to believe: the man who had tried to kill him and everyone he loved, besides Mildew; or the girl, who he knew for only a day and had already begun to care for her.

"She had her chance. Now she will have to be forced." Drago looked behind himself. "Innocent child, dark past. She belongs to me, Hiccup. She always has."

Ryo groaned. A faint "No." fell from her lips. It circled Hiccup's head. And he felt dizzy.

"Time for you to see who she really is, Hiccup." Drago said. He stepped to the side.

Ryo was still hunched on the ground, but she wasn't moaning anymore. A sharp ripping sound came from her back. The threads were ripping at the seams. It also came from her lower back.

Two figures shot from her back, and another from the third rip. The third was long and flowing, while the other two were crooked and enormous. Hiccup could have never guessed what was happening to Ryo. Never in a million years.

Drago smiled. He let out a yell. The same yell he used to control the Bewilderbeast. Toothless was scared in the background.

With this sound, Ryo swirled into the air. Her eyes were huge and a faint smile had crept across her lips. She was under his control.

And she was flying.