Tick Tock

A purple haze set over the ground. Drago was still lying on the ground, unaware of what had happened.

It was silent. And a small echo could be heard in the distance. It was the echo of Hiccup's voice when he had yelled "NO!" just before the bolt struck.

Hiccup was clinging to Toothless. He didn't want to watch when Ryo was hit. He got himself up.

"Ryo!" He called. "RYO!" Toothless roared. Hiccup turned back. "You! You did this!" Toothless backed away. Hiccup walked back over to him. "I'm sorry." He said quickly. Then he continued his search.

It seemed like the haze made a labyrinth of which Hiccup had to get through to find Ryo. He was becoming very nervous.

"RYO!" He yelled. The haze was drifting away, and at last, Hiccup could see again.

He saw her. She was what seemed like miles away. She looked dead.

"No," Hiccup muttered. He ran as fast as he could to her. Once there, he elevated her head on his arm.

"Ryo," he whispered. He shook her a bit. Her eyes opened and she began to take in short, winded breaths.

"Hiccu-Hiccup." She said. Her eyes had quickly turned back to normal.

"Ryo!" He smiled. She was at least alive. But he knew that in her condition, she wouldn't be for long.

Her eyes stared blankly at his. Hiccup looked down. Just below her chest, there was a hole. It was oozing blood.

"Oh, gods. Um," Hiccup couldn't think of what to say or do. The clock in his head was ticking down.

Tick tock. Tick tock.

Toothless crept up from behind. He knew this was his fault. He was scared. He didn't know what to do.

Hiccup was frantically shaking his head as Ryo wheezed. He didn't know what to do.

Tick tock. Tick tock.

"Hiccup." She said. His attention drew back to her face. She warily pointed. "The vile..."

Hiccup looked behind him to see a blue vile. He let her down and crawled as fast as he could to the vile.

Tick tock. Tick tock.

He didn't know what to do with it. Why would she tell him to take this?

Tick tock. Tick tock.

Hiccup's head was spinning. He turned back to Ryo and ran. He supported her head in the same fashion.

Tick tock.

He held the vile. It was shinning. Hiccup popped the cork off and poured the potion into her mouth.

Tick tock. Tick tock.

He waited.

And waited.

And nothing.

Just the short breaths of Ryo. He looked back into her eyes. He assumed she was trying to look into his.

"Hiccup. Hiccup." She struggled. "Hiccup,"

"I'm here." He said.

"I'm. I'm. I'm sor- I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She said. Her head began to fall. It was getting heavier into his hand. A single tear fell from her eyes. "I'm sorry..." She whispered. Her eyes rolled back into her head.

The clock broke in his head.

It was silent. Hiccup was waiting for her to wake up. "Ryo." He whispered. "Ryo. Ryo, no. Ryo." He shook her.