Chapter 34

Noblewoman Couldn't Have Done Anything Because She was in Prison

Gradually, harassing Rachel had become something of an extracurricular activity for Prince Elliott and his friends. Day after day they would make their preparations while hanging around the dungeon.

Currently Elliott was giving out instructions in the backyard, confident in his plan this time, when the essential Rachel peeked out from the nearby ventilation window.

"Sykes, are you there?"

"Huh? Me?"

Sykes walked over to the ventilation window, curious why his name had been called.

"What is it?"

"I guess I need to apologize for before? Sorry."

"Shouldn't you say that to Margaret!?"

So Elliott yelled.

But Rachel ignored the Prince's bluster, instead giving Sykes an embarrassed grin.

"Well actually, from time to time since I was put in here I've been sending the occasional letter to some of my friends........so Martina and Margaret......"

"Wha!? You didn't, you told Martina about Margaret!?"

Sykes bolted upright as his boss's ex-girlfriend made a small, apologetic *Teehee*, sticking her tongue out of her mouth and hitting her own head.

"I did tell her...........and she came."

"She came to visit me in the prison the day before yesterday~," as the words left Rachel's mouth, Sykes had already started running as hard as he could.

"H, Hey, Sykes!?"

"Abigail!?"

The other men scattered around the backyard called out to him confused, but it was unclear if he just didn't hear their calls or was just ignoring them instead.

Meanwhile the one person there who was aware of Sykes's circumstances, Elliott, had gone completely blue in the face.

"Rachel, what was it that you said to her!?"

"The main points of the letter was just that I had my engagement broken off and arrested though? But, the only thing she reacted to was the little part where I mentioned that Sykes and Margaret had become close."

"Obviously! Oiiiii! We're going to return to the palace immediately! Sykes is in danger!"

"Eh?"

Everyone else who wasn't as in the know tilted their heads to the side, confused even further by the Prince's sudden attitude change.

In the conference room where the top brass of the knight order had assembled to meet, the order's knight commander Sir Abigail was stroking his magnificent beard while intently listening to a report.

And then, the sound of frantic steps coming from the corridor outside filled the room.

As you'd expect from a group of veteran knights, they were able to tell that despite the echoing tumult, it was all coming from a single person.

"What is it? Oi, someone go take a look."

Given an order from the commanding officer himself, one of the young knights in attendance rose from his seat and walked towards the door......but the door was thrown open as he reached for the doorknob, blowing him over to the side of the room.

"What's wrong!?"

Every knight jumped to their feet immediately, their hands resting on the pommels of their sword ready to fight.........only to see a terribly upset Sykes standing in front of them.