Chapter 7

Noblewoman Fully Enjoys Gourmet

As Elliott had said, he didn't arrange any meals for Rachel to have.

This was of course harassment for making him retreat under the threat of a weapon.

But this wasn't the primary objective. He had decided to bring this down to a test of endurance, and after being weakened through a lack of meals, she would yield and lower her head to him.

Instead of any meals being given to Rachel, the prison guard would eat the food every day in front of her cell. It was the strategy of fueling Rachel's hunger by having the delicious prison food that was originally meant for her eaten right in front of her.

No matter how extraordinary Rachel was, she couldn't live without food. And so it was a fear of having nothing to eat that would bring about the Prince's victory. She would quickly get discouraged. So Elliott showed his confidence.

That's why.

The prison guard was sitting at his desk in front of the iron bars, raving about eating the meal he himself had brought.

"Aiya, for you noble families even black bread has a different taste! The texture is so smooth, there is almost no acidity in the taste, and it smells so fresh!"

The prison guard was giving a review of the menu, using a monotone voice as if he were an incompetent gourmet reporter. But it was still effective for the noblewoman inside the prison where Rachel was moaning about her own meal.

"It's nice having oatmeal, but as I thought there's not enough powdered milk after all......there are raisins though, so it's still fine."

"And this grilled chicken breast! Although it has gotten cold, the taste has completely soaked in, un. Aiya aiya this, isn't this too extravagant for a prisoner?"

"If it's food that pops, then mine certainly has a strong taste as well.......but this roasted duck, its meat has become hardened after being pickled in the sauce. Well, this is the limit of canned food I suppose."

".......And it's even lucky enough to get dessert! Un, this orange is a little sour, but it's still good!"

"Ah, this white peach pickled in syrup is pretty good. It's lacking in raw, fresh taste, but this different kind of sweetness is still good."

Rachel was eating out of some cans she had brought with her at a folding table and chair set up in her cell, and she smiled sweetly when her eyes met with the silent prison guard.

"After all it's preserved food, so the taste isn't that great. It seems Mr. prison guard had a satisfying meal that I am envious of though."

"HaHaHaHah! Well, if you're feeling envious then apologize to the Prince as soon as possi......ble, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!"

The prison guard jumped up to his feet, hitting his foot against the desk, and creating a loud clamor as the metal tray and dishes bounced off the stone floor. With slightly watery eyes the prison guard started yelling at the iron bars.

"Don't say things that don't match with your heart!"

"My, because it looked like Mr. prison guard was having such a delicious meal, I just wanted to match with you in spirit and share a conversation."

"Just like a noble, is your only skill getting on people's nerves!?"

"Ah, was it the lunch menu? Then I'll have to start thinking about making arrangements around Mr. prison guard's menu~."

"Fine! Is harassment all that can come out of your mouth!? Harassment needs harassment in return!"

"Well, that's no good! Nobles, they don't fight in the same ring."