Chapter 45

Prince Learns the Limits of His Power

Garden parties get regularly held at residences inside the cities suburbs, and while these parties are meant to be events where different noble families can mingle and form connections, for the children in attendance, it is more of a dull get-together where no fun is allowed.

In the beginning children are always forced to stand next to their parents and greet the other party-goers, but once the adults start talking, it would be normal for them to neglect their children. And so the children would inevitably gather together as well, spending their time chatting with one another or exploring the garden. While the parents all form their factions, the children were off building cliques.

Such a situation had developed with one group where Elliott (6 years old) stands at the center, and it was safe to call this group the largest faction amongst the children.

No matter what Elliott is the first prince. Even children can understand he holds a special status. Furthermore there were a number of royalty or high ranking nobles older than them surrounding him as escorts. So naturally, the other noble children would keep their eyes on him.......so Elliott walked everywhere with a big head on his shoulders.

"So then Your Highness, do you want to explore the Eastern Forest?"

As the boys moved from the cobblestone party area into a place in the garden with more nature-orientated terrain, the second son of a marquis walking a half-step behind Elliott made a suggestion for what they should play today.

The eastern side of the venue had a small forest growing there..........well it was actually a grove rather than a forest, and an adult could make their way through in under two minutes.........but it was still a good piece of property that stimulated the boys' adventurous spirit.

"Hmm, that's right..........."

Thinking for a moment, Elliott was about to say they should go.........when he noticed a girl with chocolate colored hair crossing his path. The girl was around Elliott's age wearing an apron dress but because of its size it looked more like a regular one piece. She was holding a dish in her hand and looked like she was just about to go grab some food.

What is this!

Elliott is great.

'The Prince' is amazing.

How dare somebody cross in front like this when that Elliott and his "retainers" are walking along!

No, even Elliott thought it couldn't be helped if somebody was in a hurry, but this woman was just going to go get some food.

In such a case she should have stopped and waited for Elliott to pass, but she just walked past as if it were normal.

"Oi, you!"¹

Elliott started shouting at the girl who had already showed her back to him.

And he was promptly ignored.

"Oi, you over there! Hey, are you listening to me!?"

The girl continued on her way while still ignoring the increasingly furious Elliott. The boys who had been following him quickly ran forward and detained the girl.

The girl looked to be in a bad mood having been forcefully brought back like she was, but having been ignored up until now, Elliott's own bad mood wouldn't lose out.

"Oi, you! What is it with you ignoring somebody when they're calling you!"

"Pardon my impoliteness. I didn't hear you."

Answering as if she had done nothing wrong, the girl pinched the edges of her skirt and performed a curtsy. The girl looked to be around the same age as the boys yet the way she spoke and the way she curtsied was no different from a well-mannered adult.