Chapter 31

The Young Lady Screams at Dawn

The chapel in the early morning.

Margaret knelt before the alter and began fervently praying.

.......or to be more accurate, she made it look like she was fervently praying.

If you ever want to organize your thoughts, there is no better way to do it than to pray at the chapel. That was something Margaret had been taught by her mother.

"It's impolite to talk to someone while they're praying. It'd be discourteous to bother even the most popular of people." ~Mama

"It's God's duty to hear out any complaints you have about the world." ~Mama

Margaret put her hands together, closed her eyes, and bowed her head. The only noise you could hear were a few murmurs and grunts from nearby bystanders reading from scripture.

At first glance she appeared to be a respectful believer, and even if you were to sit right next to her you would be unable to hear her........or understand what was coming out of her mouth.

"I managed to bring things all the way to hear, so why is this last step going so wrong God!? At last..........isn't Prince Elliott mine at last!?"

Margaret, a woman who treats the man she imagines God to be with sincerity. Candidly handing out her orders.

"His Highness the Prince is madly in love with me........but that damn woman needs to submit, otherwise all my hard work might be overturned when the King comes back! Don't you understand that? Irresponsible, are you just trying to have her snap gradually?"

Margaret's head fell more deeply towards the alter, her palms pressing against each other more forcefully as her fingers dug into her skin.

"That's, you know I'm grateful for the good fortune you've given me so far? I am quite the lucky person to have grown up so well when I lived in the slums until the age of ten. What didn't I see being raised as a beautiful young girl? Mom snagged herself a baronPapa before having to sell me to some perverted old manlolicon. All those noble boys were madly in love with the cute and honest me. Even the Prince told me I was better than that cold-blooded crazy girl.......when we're already at the happy ending, you have to do what is supposed to be done!"

Growing frustrated having to say what she did, Margaret's grumbling grew louder and louder.

"How much hardship did it take to get things all the way to here..........it was simple getting the men to reel in, and the women's cruel harassment has already..........I'm supposed to be a noble daughter! What, 'stop making that I'm so special~ face like a monkey'!? Or, 'Don't get close to my fiancee'? Huuuh? Aren't you the ones who have been acting like your fiancees were some bug in the rug? 'It can't be helped since it's a political marriage', who are you, and why aren't you saying it to him instead!? If I speak to him kindly when his heart is aching, then isn't stupid to be surprised when your fiancee gets taken!? Are you stupid!? Die you pig! Your men are disillusioned for your cold attitude, so the cause of the fire behind all men's cheating hearts is you fools!"

Margaret's monologue continued to get louder. Her shoulders began to shake with anger.

"Aren't having a friendly attitude and using diligent care the basics!? With plain men, 'Is it just you?'; 'I know? You try your hardest!'; 'Somebody told me, you and I are attached!'-just those three simple whispers and you can get them to do what you want! And then you say 'Don't say anything unnecessary to him!' Huuuh? Why don't you say what's necessary then!? Aren't I just putting in the effort to be liked!? Spread some effort for your business, you shithead noble girls! Getting married with that kind of attitude, don't you know you're guaranteed a life of ease and comfort after giving birth to an eldest son!? It's a shitty joke!"