XXIII

Johnny dragged me around the city before we got anywhere near my house, and as much as I hate to admit it to myself, It was pretty fun. Laughing as we slipped into my living room, bags and BrainFreezies hand, I suddenly felt a small bout of sickness in my stomach. I shook it off, spouting something akin to "Just hungry. I haven't eaten all day" before retreating Into the kitchen with all of the bags to make myself some ramen. This time, of course, I was careful to not pour any boiling water over myself like the idiot I was last night.

When I headed back into the living room with the bowl of cheap noodles Johnny was unsurprisingly lounging on the sofa and watching a show that was currently on ad-break.

I shook my head, scoffing slightly before sitting next to him. "What time is it? Feels like we've been out for hours." I asked in between stuffing my mouth with the artificially flavoured meal. Johnny shrugged, not looking away from from the screen. "Not sure, But judging my that clock on the wall its 4."

I hummed, bringing my eyes to the TV but not really paying attention to it. I should probably work on my attention thing, It's really not healthy. Like, earlier on when we were at the convenience store I did it again.

Johnny had wandered into the building while I had decided to stay outside. I don't know why but everything felt calm, It was nice......was. I must've looked vulnerable or something, I'm not sure, but for some reason a rather muscular man grabbed my arm and started to flirt with me, and not in the cute way or anything. Obviously I tried to get away from him but damn, he was persistent.

After a minute or so, Johnny came out and immediately beat the shit out of the guy, but I somehow got him to stop and we both just walked away. It was so bizarre to me but It was pretty sweet of him.

Snapping me out of my little daydream, Johnny had an eyebrow raised. "Why the fuck are you smiling? This show is the most shittiest mainstream thing that i've ever seen." I glanced at him for what seemed like a solid hour, but was probably only a second or two, before responding.

"Oh, It's nothing. Guess I was just thinking about stuff." I shrugged, "I've been doing that alot lately but It's nothing I can't handle." Johnny shook his head before facing back to the TV.

"Is that why you burned your hand? Because you were thinking? Honestly Y/N, You aren't well. Go back to bed or something so you can get over this." His eyes were unmoving and his voice was cold.

"That's all I have been doing! Usually I would go out on walks to clear my head but I've not done that in like 2 months, and i'm certainly not gonna do it if I have some freak stalker." I argued.

"Well you're gonna have to stop doing that in one way or another, and I really don't want to help you with it because that won't be fun for either of us."

"Yeah, If I offed myself i'd just be hypocrite or something, besides, I don't thing Satan would be too happy about me going back down there.."

"And why wouldn't he?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but quickly realised that it probably wouldn't be the best thing to tell him about the fact that my only purpose in life is to lessen his...tendencies. ".....Fine then, don't let me oversleep." And with that I headed to bed with Johnny and the TV only being subtle white noise.

...

...

...

It was dark, or maybe It was just the fog, hard to tell. It didn't seem like the nicest night so why was I out anyway...? Oh yeah, I was gonna get a BrainFreezy. I breathed in the air that slightly stung my nostrils, but I wouldn't tell whether it was cold or not... Strange I guess but not too unrealistic. When I reached the store, Glowing neon green and red lights illuminated the area....and also a man? I squinted my eyes to get a better look at him through the fog, and although I seemed to recognise him I couldn't pinpoint where from...but he made me so fucking furious.

Without any second thought I stormed up to him, swiftly punching him in the middle of the face and surprisingly knocking him to the ground. Everything happened so quickly. One minute I was kicking him and the next I was straddling his waist with a knife in my hand. I heard whispers in my head, my own whispers I should reiterate, and they were all telling me to do the same thing.

"Do it, Y/N....Stab him......You know you want to.....He hurt you..."

They kept repeating it, It hurt so much. My head thumped until I did it. With both hands on the handle I plunged the knife into his chest.

The noise of bones cracking was deafening and the sight of the crimson blood oozing and squirting from the hole in his chest was sickening, It made me want to scream, but I pushed a sad smile onto my face before I felt salty tears fall into my mouth.....Oh...So that's-

...

...

...

I darted open my eyes, The bright and artificial light of my bedroom almost blinding me. I groaned and sat up before noticing a rather ominous looking Johnny sitting on the edge of my bed, staring at his clasped hands. "Uh, hey man."

As if a bolt of lightning struck, Johnny looked up at me with a look of relief on his face. "Oh fuck, I thought you werent gonna wake up or something."

"I was just sleeping, It's fine, Anyway, I told you to wake me up if I was asleep for too long." I chuckled lightly, Thinking he was just too foreign to the concept of sleep.

"Y/N, You don't fucking understand, I was shaking and screaming at you for hours— I was so scared I don't know what happened!"

My eyes widened but I tried to stay calm. "Hey, Im fine, see? I'm not gonna go down that easily, that'd be pretty terrifying, But I mean I did have a dream....I think the guy from the store was there...?" His eyebrows furrowed "He was in your dream?" He snarled, clenching his fists while he did so. It took me a second to realise why he was angry.......He was jealous.

"Haha, Yeah, it wasn't like that or anything. It's pretty blurry to me now but I think I........I think I might've maimed him or something, It was strange." I pondered for a second before swinging my legs over the side of my bed so that I could sit next to Johnny properly.

"Oh, That sucks, but if it was that straightforward then how could it be strange?" He cocked a brow, trying to soothe me by grabbing my hand.

I glanced at him for a second before looking at my lap. "I don't know, I guess it was because I wanted to do it and I felt...numb? Well there was a voice telling me to do it but it was my voice and it— It hurt." Johnny looked at me with a concerned expression, but he didn't say a word. "Nevermind, It's nothing. I've just not been dreaming lately so I guess I got a bit of a shock."

"No. I don't think that's nothing"