seventeen.

i apologize in advance for any errors you might see. 💜

laila

laila

2:45 AM read the clock on laila's phone. she sat on the hood of her mom's car, staring off into the distance. she wrapped her arms around her legs that were up to her chest. giving herself some type of comfort.

she was lucky she even snagged her mom's car keys being that it was so late. she only hoped and prayed her mother didn't wake up in the middle of the night and discover that she was gone. she didn't want to dig herself up a deeper grave than she already has.

she stared off at the misty sky, stars cascaded the chilly night making her huff a sigh. headlights started to shine, making her shadow appear on the traffic barricades that were by the park.

laila turned her head putting a hand up over her eyes to keep the bright lights out of her face as she watched the person in the car cut their car off.

her heart started to beat rapidly as she slowly got off the hood of the car. as she started to approach the car behind her she felt her legs turn to what felt like jelly.

the burning sensation shot up through her legs making her even more anxious and nervous. she wanted to just get in her mom's car and drive off but it's too late.

she needed to face her problems head on, it's the only way she would find her closure.

the figure got out of their car. his face looked almost emotionless as he stared at the beauty in awe. her chocolatey skin gleaming in the moonlight putting him in a dazed tranced.

laila crossed her arms over her chest. her eyes now welling as she stared at the boy she fell for in such a short amount of time.

lathan.

her heart hammered through her chest as she felt the hot tears fall down her cheeks, she slowly walked to him, her feet getting heavier with each step, before she sprang into his arms.

"why'd you leave me?" she said choking out through tears.

lathan didn't say anything as he embraced her hug. he squeezed her sides, kissing the side of her face as she cried in his arms.

his face started to heat up as he felt himself getting worked up. it's been weeks since he inhaled her sweet scent, weeks since he's heard her pretty voice. he felt so selfish. so stupid for walking away from her, not telling her what's going on with him.

it saddened him that first time for what felt like a long time he had to face her, deal with her being sad, over pain he managed to cause with no intent.

"stop crying lala..you're too pretty to be crying ma" he said softly pulling away from the hug so she can face him.

he stared down at her, getting lost in those milky brown eyes he loved so much as he put his hands on her cheeks.