six.

lathan

lathan

*1 month later

the final bell rung making me lift my head up from the table top. i looked around seeing students scatter out the room. heaving a sigh i rubbed my tired eyes and started putting my notebook and folder in my backpack.

"i see somebody didn't get any sleep last night" my teacher, ms. olsen said. i rolled my eyes ignoring her as i stood up from the table, putting my backpack on my shoulders.

"lathan, i don't mean to bother you but we're a month into the trimester and you're already behind, i won't allow you to fall behind in my class, so either you apply yourself or you fail, and we both know you don't want that" she said scolding me as she spoke.

i sighed looking up at the ceiling, shrugging my shoulders. it's not that i was stupid or anything because i'm far from it but i just feel like i have too much on my shoulders.

"you're at a c- right now, we have a test next week tuesday and i only hope you studied because if you flunk the test it's gonna hurt your grade..your coach wouldn't be happy about that now would he?" she questioned making me shake my head.

"no ma'am" i said biting down on my lip looking down at my feet.

"thought so, come in early tomorrow for some extra help..i have a feeling you're gonna need it" she said before turning on her heels walking out the classroom.

i rolled my eyes once more before leaving the classroom myself looking down the hall trying to see if i could spot anybody. i grinned when i saw neek and karla leaning against the lockers tonguing each other down.

"get a room" i said making them pull away from each other. karla rolled her eyes as she wiped the corners of her mouth.

"you always got something to say" she said rolling her eyes at me making me grin, ignoring her attitude.

"what's up nigga?" neek asked dapping me up making me shrug my shoulders.

"shit you tell me, you sliding to that kickback royce throwing?" i asked

"already onnat, i'm the one supplying the weed and shit nigga, did you forget? hella people gon be there, best way to make some money" neek said with a shrug making me only nod my head.

neek would sometimes deal. crack, meth, weed, pills, you name it, he got it. he doesn't do it as much anymore because he doesn't want to scare karla or anything, since she worries about shit like that.

but all of used to do it at some point. i stopped last year mid junior year because that shit was getting way too hot and i didn't want to wind up dead or in jail so i got out while i could. it was good money but it wasn't worth my life being taken away from me. jay was still deep in the game along royce but sauve and kk kind of chilled out, like me.

"nah ian forget, just was making sure, yo ass been m.i.a lately" i said making neek grin. i glanced over at karla who was texting away on her phone.

"shit been hot, tryna lay low for a hot min, you hear about jd and that bitch he been hanging around with?" neek asked making me give him a look of confusion.

"what he got a girlfriend now?" i asked making neek shrug his shoulders.

"from what kk and sauve been saying it's sumn like that" he said

i shrugged my shoulders scratching the back of my neck. "he ain't tell me shit" i said shaking my head.

i didn't know jay was talking to a shorty, wonder who she was.

"ight well i'll catch you later tonight nigga, text me" neek said dapping me up once again.

"ight" i said. karla smiled at me waving her hand at me. "see you later mosey" she said softly before walking off behind neek. I laughed and shook my head and started walking down the hall. i needed a fucking nap.

 i needed a fucking nap

laila

"audreyyyyyy" i whined making audrey smack her lips as she stuck her head out the bathroom.

"bitch what now?" she said with an attitude making me pout even more.

"i don't know what to wear tonight" i said as i laid my head down on her bed. audrey only smacked her lips walking out the bathroom with her robe on.

"i don't even know why you're stressing, you always look cute" she said with a shrug. i rolled my eyes and looked at what she was doing.

"i didn't ask you that" i said making her laugh softly.

"why does it matter so much? who you tryna impress? jay?" she asked eyeing me with a goofy grin.

"WHAT? NO?" i said pouting more now as i tried to keep from smiling. i would be lying if i said i wasn't feeling joshua a little bit. just a little. i kind of feel like it's because he was the first person who talked to me and was nothing but sweet to me but i don't think i like him entirely.

"knew it" she said shaking her head playfully as she started rummaging through her closet.

"you knew what?" i asked sitting up on the bed fully now, straightening my face out now.

"i knew you liked him" she said with a shrug making me scoff at her. "i don't like him though" i shot back crossing my arms.

"yeah okay heffa" she said throwing a pair of biker shorts on her bed. "i see the way your eyes light up when you talk to him..i'm not stupid" she said making me roll my eyes once again.

"whatever bitch, what about you and what's his name..neck?" audrey gave me a look before laughing at me. making me frown my face up. i didn't understand what was funny

"you mean neek?" she questioned making me shrug my head.

"i mean i guess" i said. i didn't really know him, i just knew he was friends with joshua. audrey sighed heavily before looking through more of her clothes.

"no we're just friends..besides he has a girlfriend so" she said softly. i bit down on my lip.

"since when has that stopped you?" i questioned making her eye me. i put my hands up in surrender making her roll her eyes.

"mind your business" she said before walking back into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

i rolled my eyes getting up off her bed letting myself out of her room. she'll get over it. i walked into my own room and sighed looking around. i needed to figure out what i was going to wear tonight. i licked over my lips and looked in my closet for an outfit. i was going to make sure i had fun tonight, nobody was ruining my night and i'm making sure of that.

comment and vote so i can publish the next chapter later today! 💙