twenty-six

laila

laila

"do you like how this looks on me?" i asked with a smile on my face.

"i think you look nice" she said while i ran my hands down my tight clothed dress. it hugged my curves just right and i was in love.

i mean i am skinny as fuck but ever since i got in a relationship i can admit i did gain a bit happy weight.

my mom smiled at me in her doorway. i was so anxious to get the fuck out of the house. i haven't heard from lathan in 2 weeks.

yes i was beyond worried but he was probably caked up in lyric's face. who the fuck knows. i tried my best to reach out but he didn't wanna see me, so fuck him.

me and aubrey still weren't on speaking terms as of right now. but i did really take in what joshua told me, and i do feel like i need to make up with my sister.

i did miss her. just a little, what she did is unforgettable but it's forgivable, so that'll do for now.

i'll make it my business to make up with her one of these days, i need time to myself right now though.  when the time is right i'll do it.

"how are you and that knucklehead boy doing?" my mom asked, curiosity filling her voice.

i kept silent while i looked in my mirror, trying to think of the best answer to give her.

my mom didn't like lathan. at all. to her dismay he wasn't an ideal boyfriend for me, which is funny because joshua is just like him in ways, yet she likes him.

but even if she didn't like him, i didn't really wanna give her another reason not to.

"we're good ma" i said simply while i sprayed a spritz of perfume on my hot spots.

"you don't have to lie to me baby" my mom said as she looked at me. i just ignored her, i couldn't explain our situation if i didn't know anything my damn self.

my phone dinged. i grabbed it off of my vanity and grinned at the text. 'i'm outside'

"can i talk to you about it later ma? my ride is here" i said with pleading eyes.

my mom waved me off as i grabbed my purse, stuffing my phone in my purse.

i walked towards her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and a hug, while i walked down the stairs.

"you better have yo ass home by 12:30 i mean it lil girl" she said.

"ma" i whined while i looked at her.