In Which There Is Intrusive Thot

It was horrible.

Thomas regretted making this decision.

He regretted every decision he ever made that led to this point.

It hurt, the darkness actually hurt, he had to close his eyes and grit his teeth just so he could bare it. The cold was so freezing that it burned, and it spread up his arm in the slowest, most agonizing way. Besides the burning cold, the darkness was hurting Thomas's mind and emotions… Every bad thing he'd ever done, every mistake he'd ever made, every lie he'd ever told, every dark thought he had ever had he was forced to remember in horrible detail.

He could have stopped it, he knew that. All he had to do was pull his hand back, but… he couldn't. There would be consequences if he did, and, even if he didn't know exactly what those consequences were, he didn't think he could deal with them.

So Thomas opened up and let the darkness in. He remembered the bad things, the mistakes, the lies, and he told himself that he had done everything he could to make up for those things. He let the dark thoughts drift through his mind, and reminded himself that he is still a good person despite them. He let himself remember that he was still human and that humans made mistakes.

The burning subsided and the memories and thoughts went to the back of his mind where they belonged, and he finally calmed down. 

When he opened his eyes the cloud was gone, he was still in that dark space, and his heart was still racing, but he felt… better, and more at peace. 

"Maybe things won't be that bad." Thomas said to himself, "I think we'll actually win this!"

"Are you sure about that?"

The voice came from behind Thomas and he whipped around with his sword held up before he realized who the voice belonged to: none other than The Duke himself, who was smirking at Thomas.

"So, that WAS a sword in your pocket." Remus joked making a few lewd gestures that fit with the theme of his joke.

Thomas didn't even acknowledge the innuendo. Instead he jabbed at Remus with the tip of the katana out of anger, "Where have you been?!"

Since the sword wasn't made for stabbing the jab did nothing and Remus just laughed, "I was watching, of course!" Thomas finally noticed the bucket of fowl smelling popcorn that was in Remus's other hand, "This whole situation is really VERY entertaining!"

Thomas rolled his eyes and noticed that Ego did the same, 'Oh, I hate him. People keep calling him the dark version of Roman and they are WRONG! I am sophisticated, elegant, intelligent, and beautiful, and he is-" Ego made vague hand motions towards Remus (who was now pulling out strands of his own hair to add to  the popcorn) to prove his point.

Thomas silently agreed with Ego and glared at Remus, "Entertaining?! Seriously?! Virgil is DEAD! Logan and Deceit are fighting Vengeance with all they can! And I almost turned evil! How is that entertaining at all?!"

Remus just laughed again, spewing a few pieces of popcorn from his mouth, "Oh, Thomas you crack me up!" He dramatically wiped away a fake tear and Thomas heard a bone in his arm loudly crack, "You don't get it, do you?! This is your mind! ANYTHING is possible and nothing is permanent!!" Thomas was confused, but before he could ask for clarification Remus waved and shouted: "Bye!!" before disappearing.

Thomas blinked, "Wha- What?!" He demanded.

'Don't listen to that fool's ramblings. You need to help the others. Now, GO!' And Thomas did. He sprinted over to the battle with the sword raised and ready for attack, 'Let's hope you can do this...'
~~~

After Roman had given Thomas the katana, he sprinted away, towards Patton and... Virgil.

When he Roman was close enough he slowed down and walked quietly. Patton was sobbing and Roman felt that someone running at him wouldn't be a good thing at all. So, once he was close enough, Romam walked. He walked over to the two men he loved in two different ways and quietly sat down on his knees.

Patton had Virgil's head in his lap and tears were constantly falling as he cradled Virgil's face in his hands and spoke in what seemed to be sorrowful gibberish. For a long time Roman just stared silently between the living man and the dead one, trying to hold back the tears he had been holding since the sword first went through Virgil. He couldn't help himself though. Virgil was so pale and cold looking now, his eyes which were once full of snark or worry were now completely empty, and he still had that bitter smile on his face.

The smile brought made the horrible memory of what happened play back in Roman's head, and the walls he tried to put up crashed down. He sobbed and grabbed Virgil's cold hand with both of his and held it close. Strings of "I'm sorry" and "I wish I could go back" left his lips between sobs.

So, the two men who loved Virgil in two different ways sobbed, oblivious to the world around them. They sobbed for a long time before they were unable to sob anymore and simply sniffled as tears fell.

Then, Roman held Virgil's hand a bit higher and kissed the back of his palm. He felt like he needed to do something, this cruel silence was killing him and Patton, making them both feel so much worse. So, with a shakey voice and near infinite knowledge on Disney movies he began to sing, "Fl-Flower gleam and glow.. let your power shine... make the clock reverse. And bring back what once was mine.." he took a deep breath to keep more tears back, "Heal what has been hurt.. change the fates' design.. save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine. What.. once was.. mine."

Patton sniffled and Roman looked up at him, "Th-That was beautiful kiddo.. Virgil would have-" Patton suddenly stopped and stared at Virgil's body with wide eyes. Roman followed his gaze and saw what made Patton stare.

Virgil's body had lit up with a purple glow which had started to lift him up into the air. Soon enough he was limply levitating a few feet of the ground, and the glow got brighter. Patton and Roman watched as the blood disappeared, the wound closed and healed on it's own, and the tear in Virgil's shirt knit itself back together.

Before they could react the glow got bright enough to the point that it blinded them. When it finally faded and they could see clearly, Virgil's body had drifted gently to the floor. The glow was gone, but they could clearly see the color and warmth return to Virgil's skin. For an agonizingly long moment, all was silent.

Then..

The emo gasped as his eyes opened, and Patton and Roman could see that those once dark brown eyes... were now purple and glowing.

...

(Soon)

...

(Is when I will try to publish the next chapter!)