In Which There is a Cliff Hanger

We found Thomas after a few moments of running and searching. A smile spread across his scared face when he say us, “Guys… it's so great to see friendly faces in here. It- it was… pretty scary being here all alone..” He walked towards us, and I immediately tensed up. I can't describe it that well, but something about the way he walked seemed… wrong.

“Oh, no! My poor son!” Patton exclaimed before running towards Thomas. I thrust my arm out in front of Patton as a warning to not go any further. He looked pretty confused and a little hurt by the gesture, “Virgil, what's wrong? It's Thomas.”

I shook my head and whispered “No he's not, trust me.” in response before turned back to “Thomas”, “Where's OUR Thomas?” I demanded, trying to sound more confident than I actually was.

“Thomas” furrowed his brow in confusion, then started laughing as if what I said were a joke, “Virgil what- what are you talking about? I'm YOUR Thomas!” When he realized I wasn't going to change my accusation he tried to appeal to the others, “Roman, you know it's me right?”

Roman chewed his lip and refused to look at “Thomas”, “Usually I would go against anything Virgil says just to see how adorable he looks when irritated, but I believe we all can agree that right now is not the time for that.” Roman motioned to the pure blackness that we were surrounded by, “I have a strong feeling Virgil may be right. If he is not I apologize profusely.”

With a look of desperation “Thomas” turned to Logan, “C’mon Logan, look at this Logically; if I'm not Thomas who am I?” He looked almost hysterical at this point, motioning a lot with his hands as he spoke.

Logan want into thinking mode again, piecing together clues to influence his opinion, “The evidence points to you being Evil Thomas, obviously.” He began listing of things, counting them off on his fingers as he went, “Firstly, while Virgil’s accusations have been wrong in the past it is most likely he would be able to tell the difference between the fake Dark Version that he brought to life and our Thomas. Secondly, you did not react at all to Deceit being with us, and Thomas had shown to be quiet afraid of Deceit on multiple occasions. Lastly the real Thomas would not be this calm in a situation that causes as much stress as being left alone in endless darkness.” Logan pushed his glasses up with a prideful look, as if the action was a signal of victory.

“Thomas” shook in fear, and looked to everyone else, hoping to find an ally. His attempt was futile. We all knew he had to give up the act, and he did. Within a split second his look of fear turned to a look of disgust. His true appearance faded onto his form, revealing Evil Thomas. He clapped and rolled his eyes, “I'm so proud of you guys, you're so smart.” He growled at us sarcastically.

Patton frowned and ignored his comment, “Now. Where is OUR Thomas?!” He demanded, cause E.Thomas to chuckle.

Suddenly I felt a dark presence behind us, and a voice rang out that sent a chill up my spine, “He's right here.”