Page Five

I nodded. "Good, now, what do you guys think?" I turned to the other's, figuring I might as well humor them.

As expected they looked at me as if I were insane, but eventually Thomas broke the awkward silence. "Well, I mean the outfit does look pretty sweet." He admitted, refusing to make eye contact.

"Thomas, do not compliment the guy who's trying to turn you evil!" Patton snapped, literally he snapped his fingers at the beginning of his sentence just to grab our attention.

"I can't help it! There are currently two evil people out of four that make up my personality, it's kinda hard NOT to agree with and compliment them!" He shouted in response, and that started a full out argument.

Logan closed his eyes, put his hands together, and huffed out of annoyance. "Whatever God may be out there, please give me strength." He prayed, which meant he was at the end of his rope.

I walked over to him. "My side's not sounding so bad now, huh?" I asked, wondering if it would really be that easy.

"Give me one good, logical reason why your deal is better, and I will reconsider." He didn't even look up, but the phrase caught the other's attention.

Without missing a beat, they turned to Logan, completely dumbfounded. "Logan, you- you can't be serious." Patton looked heartbroken, like a puppy who'd been yelled at too many times.

Logan's eyes snapped open. "No, I didn't really mean it- I mean how could he come up with a good reason?" He spat out quickly trying to cover for himself.

Patton was on the verge of tears, shaking. "Wow, you really are cold and heartless. You fit in perfectly as a bad guy." He choked out before quickly putting his hands over his mouth. Then he moved his hands away and attempted to speak, but just ended up mouthing out words and making random noises.

Logan looked genuinely hurt, which was a rare sight. "And you're just a joke Patton. All you do is bring unnecessary feelings, and make simple decisions harder." He retorted, not letting his emotions seep into his voice,

That seemed to be the last straw for Patton. "AT LEAST PEOPLE LIKE JOKES, LOGAN! I FELT SORRY FOR WHAT I SAID BEFORE, BUT NOW, I KNOW YOU DESERVED IT!" He snapped, then immediately shut up and looked away from Logan, he was obviously ashamed of what he said.

Suddenly Logan's face went almost expressionless, only showing a hint of sadness. "You- you don't mean that." His voice broke and a few tears fell from his eyes.

I smirked and walked around his little circle. "He didn't even apologize, of course he meant it." I whispered to him, looking over at Patton who didn't even try to defend himself.

He quickly took his glasses off and wiped the tears away. "If it makes it so I don't have to deal with this, then fine. I'm done with emotions and being considerate. You win Virgil, I am a cold, uncaring machine that only thinks about the logical decision." With that he slipped his glasses back on and changed in a blink. He was now wearing a black hoodie with a very dark blue tie tied around the hood, black slacks, and black dress shoes; mimicking his original style of clothing. Just like Roman his left eye was now red, and he had eye-shadow under his eyes.

Thomas's eye flashed red again, staying that way a little longer than last time. This couldn't have gone any better. "So, Logan, how do you feel now?" I asked, enjoying how Patton and Thomas's terror contrasted against Logan's blankness and Roman's pride.

Logan turned to me, slightly tilting his head. "Feelings are obsolete and dangerous, therefore, I have no need for them." He replied in a monotone voice.

"You know, I'm gonna miss your occasional snarkiness, but we can make this work." I then turned on my heel and walked over to Patton, "So, do you even think you can win this?" I asked him.