Page Twelve

We continued to walk in silence again, until we heard what sounded distinctly like chess pieces hitting a chess board, along with two people speaking. I motioned for Princey to stay quiet, then we crouched down and slowly, but surely made our way towards the noise.

Once we were close enough we saw that the two people playing were Logan and Coldness. At first I was relieved; I knew Logan couldn't hold his own against Coldness in a physical fight, but chess was Logan's battleground. No one, and I meant no one has ever managed to beat him in it. Unfortunately my relief was cute short when I saw the lack of pieces on his side of the board: he was actually losing.

"I'm "happy" that you decided to challenge me to a battle of wits rather than a battle of strength, but now I see that you may have done better if you had chose the latter. No matter how much you try to hide it you still have those annoying, disgusting emotions." Coldness spoke in the same monotone voice as he took another one of Logan's pawns, 'And that will always make you weak."

Logan's hand trembled ever so slightly as he reached for his next chess piece, "I'm not weak for feeling things." He snapped, carefully placing the piece down in its new spot.

"Is that so?" Coldness asked, moving his own piece, taking Logan's in the process, "Tell me Logan, what is it like? What is it like to know that your friends will all die because your emotions cause you to make stupid mistakes?"

I shook my head knowing that this wasn't going to work. Logan HAD to get physical if he wanted to get out of this. "LOGAN!" I yelled, "YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM!"

Logan turned to me and Roman looking terrified, but before he could get a word out of his mouth a deafening gunshot went off. Princey hit the ground yelling and clutching his arm, blood trickling from a fresh wound. It took a split second for my brain to register what had just happened. I started freaking out. Outside of the mind space we were just imaginary beings given a visible form, but inside of the mind space we were basically physical. A side could be easily killed inside of the host's mind.

"NO!" Logan screamed, standing up so fast that he knocked over the table and the chair he was sitting in, "WE HAD A DEAL!"

"The deal was that if you could beat me in a simple game, then you would live, and I would die. You're obviously losing, and your stupid "friends" interfered. Never did I say that I would spare THEIR lives." Coldness explained, motioning with the gun that was now in his hand.

Then Logan did something that I had never seen him do; he tackled Coldness to the ground and started wrestling for the gun. Two more shots went off as they fought, but I didn't pay attention after that.