In Which There is a Lot of Running

(I have no excuse for how late this is, other than the fact that I'm a lazy procrastinating piece of trash, but I hope you guys enjoy it. ^-^)

Vengeance sliced at Deceit, who immediately caught the blades of the shield; his clawed gloves protecting his hands, and used it to shove Vengeance back. With unreal speed Deceit then rushed at Vengeance and slammed his fist against the shield, sending a shockwave through it that dazed Vengeance. As the fight went on Thomas came to realize that Deceit was far from doomed. The way he wielded the claws turned them from ineffective to a useful weapon. Almost like the way he wields lies.

Unfortunately Thomas was unable to dwell on Deceit's conflict for long. Evil Thomas had made it past the others and his sword was back in his hands. He ran at Thomas, ready to cut him to pieces; fortunately Thomas was able to react just in time to run away and keep his life.

Roman saw Thomas's plight and sprinted after him, it took a moment but her was able to catch up with him, "Thomas! I believe you're going to need this!" he shoved his katana in Thomas's hands.

"Wha- Roman, I don't know how to use this!"

"Well, you can't run forever! You have to Kill your doppelganger at some point! Good luck!" with that Roman ran off to ensure the others were alright.

"I'm dead, I'm so dead," Thomas whispered to himself. The he caught a glimpse of something-or someone reflected in the blade the katana. His eyes widened as he realized that what he saw was the reflection of Ego. "What the fu-"

'Shut up and listen.' Ego's voice rang out in Thomas's mind, 'The only way someone as weak and stupid as you is going to win this is with the help of someone as power and intelligent as me. Understand?' Thomas nodded, still partially in shock, 'Good. First off, don't stop running unless I tell you to. Second, ONLY do what I tell you to do. Third, calm down.'

"You're insane if you think I can calm down when my life is on the line!" Thomas snapped, glaring at the reflection.

'If you don't calm down your fear is going to cause you to make stupid mistakes." Thomas continued to look at Ego as if he were an idiot. Obviously that approach wouldn't work. Ego sighed as he realized what approach he would have to take in order for things to work out, '"Think of your friends. Think of Joan, Talyn, Terrence, and Valerie. Think of your almost three million fans who look up to you. If you don't calm down and get your head straight they'll be left with an Evil version of you who couldn't give a damn about them! Do you want that to happen Sanders?!'

"No, no I don't. I want to be there for them. I want to help them." Thomas took deep breaths and forced himself to be as calm as humanly possible, "Alright, what now?