Page Seven

I looked over to Thomas. "I'm glad you've come to your senses, now..." I pulled Patton up by his shirt collar. "The question is; will you come to your senses?"

His face suddenly contorted in rage, he grabbed my arm, flipped me over, and slammed me to the ground. "I. HATE. YOU!" He repeated.

A slightly psychotic laugh escaped my lips as I pushed myself up. "You know what Patton, I was wrong, we were all wrong! Your vice isn't passiveness, it's hatred!" I snapped my fingers letting Roman and Logan free. "Hold him back, so he doesn't do that again." I ordered them.

They obeyed, and kept ahold of Patton even with his constant struggling. "Oh, come on Patton, being evil is great! Virgil really does have a great deal!" Roman tried to convince him, but his words fell on deaf ears as Patton completely ignored him.

"No! You're still wrong! I don't have a vice!" He snapped, in denial, "YOU'RE hatred! This all started because you hate us!"

I laughed once again. "I didn't hate you, I just wanted revenge. Think about it Patton!" I tapped his temple, "My vice should have been Terror, but things change. Just listen to yourself!" I changed my voice to mimic his. "I hate you, I hate you, I'll kill you!"

Suddenly it looked like realization finally hit him, but he shook his head, still denying it. "I don't- I can't- You're wrong!" He choked out.

"PATTON!" Thomas finally intervened. "Just stop! We lost, it's over. Agree with him so we can get this over with."

"Yeah, Patton, listen to Thomas." Roman chimed in, smiling a bit madly.

"Exactly, there's no way you can win," Logan told him, "Just. Give. In."