In Which Hell Breaks Lose

(Guys, I'm so sorry. I should have told you that I was a slow writer at the beginning of the book. I know it's annoying, and I'm sorry. I'm also sorry that this page is short. I'll try to write more faster, I promise. Thank you so much for staying with this story though.)

Third Person
After the terrible event unfolded everyone in the room was left in a state of shock or surprise, and for just a moment time itself seemed to be frozen as nobody made a single movement. For just a moment the heartbreaking scene was left unchanged: four friends and an old enemy stared at the lifeless body in front of them. Pain was evident on their faces as the bright crimson drained from their friend's body and contrasted against the void like ground.

Then, as if someone had pressed a play button, everyone in the room sprang into action. Patton ran to Virgil’s body, dropping to his knees and he held his son's face in his hands. Vengeance and E.Thomas launched themselves at the rest of the group with the intent to kill them all. Roman drew his sword and intercepted E.Thomas’ attack, rage written clearly on his face. Logan pulled his gun, attempting to focus long enough to get a shot off at Vengeance. Deceit moved to Thomas, who was defenseless, and got ready for the fight.

“What do we do?!” Thomas yelled at Deceit, “My fight or flight instinct, one of my friends, is DEAD! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!”

“We're going to keep YOU alive Thomas! And we're going to avenge Virgil’s dying wish! Everything will be okay, I swear!” Deceit replied quickly and surely in an attempt to keep Thomas’s hopes up, but when he didn't get a reply he knew he had failed, “Thomas?”

“Do you really believe that Deceit…? Or are you just lying to make me feel better…?” Thomas’s face was void of hope, he had already given up.

“This is NOT the time for any of us to lie about things like this!” Deceit snapped, “Look out!”

Vengeance had gotten through the others and launched himself at Thomas. With a mere second to react Deceit shouted the warning and shoved Thomas out of the way. After falling over from being shoved, Thomas looked up to she Deceit seemingly fighting Vengeance in hand to hand combat. Although when Thomas looked closer he could see metallic weaponized claws on Deceit’s hands.

Thomas was relieved to know that Deceit could at least hold his own against an unarmed opponent. Unfortunately his relief was gone quickly when a black shield covered with razor sharp blades around it appeared in Vengeance’s hand.

‘He's doomed.' Was all that ran through Thomas’ mind before their fight began.