Valentine Cookies

Look at baby smiling💕

"Rey? Can you come to the kitchen please?''

''What did you do now, Ben.'' I said laughing. My boyfriend was a mess when he was in the kitchen. He's a good cook, but he can get very messy. Walking towards the kitchen I smelled cinnamon and sugar, a pleasant smell on a rather cold February day. Entering the kitchen, I tried to take in everything that was going on. Ben was covered in flour and was rolling something out on the counter. There were cookie cutters scattered along the tiled floors and a mixing bowl filled with dough. ''What are you making, Ben?''

''Cookies,'' Ben said grinning. He smiled and passed me a bit of dough. ''Taste it,'' he said reaching for a jar of sprinkles.

''I'm not about to eat Raw cookie dough,'' I said laughing. ''You don't want me sick, do you?''

''Please?'' Ben said giving me his puppy eyes.

I sighed. Ben was such a child. ''Only a little bit,'' I said as I put some of the dough into my mouth. It was sweet, very sweet. Not overpowering, but sweet.

"What do you think?

''Its very good,'' I said laughing. Ben smiled and wrapped me into a hug.

''I love you, Rey,'' he said into my ears.

"I love you too, Benny. Now and forever," I said into his chest.

"I have to show you something," Ben said suddenly, breaking the hug. "Follow me," he said leading me out of the kitchen. We began to walk out of the apartment and down the stairs that led to the parking garage.

"Ben, where are we going?"

"Just get in the car," he said opening the car door for me. I giggled as I got into the car. Ben just smiled as he turned on the car.

"So, where are we going?"

"You'll find out soon," Ben said laughing.

"Are you going to murder me? Crack all my bones and sell my organs on the black market?"

Ben rolled his eyes as we backed out of the parking space and exited the parking lot. We began to drive into the city and I gave Ben a questioning look.

"Sunshine, if you keep on looking at me like that, the surprise will be ruined." Ben said making a sharp turn down an alley.

"But I wanna know where we are going," I said reaching for Bens hand that was resting on the control shift.

"Trust me, you will be happy," Ben said as he pulled into a parking spot. "We're here," he said smiling. We both got out and looked around. It was a pet store.

"Why are we here?"

"Just come inside," he said laughing. We walked inside and I couldn't help but grin. There were dogs everywhere and it was one of the happiest rooms I have ever been in. Ben smiled at my excitement and kissed my forehead. "Go pick our new family member out."

"Wait, we can get a puppy," I said barley being able to hold my excitement. Ben nodded and wrapped me into a hug.

"First we get a dog, and then when we are ready, a little Rey. We are going to build our family slowly, together."

"I love you."

Ben smiled and kissed my forehead. "I know."