love is real

"Love is hard," a depressed Ben said. Running his hands through his hair, he motioned his waiter to bring him another cup of coffee.

"You need to lighten up, Ben. She isn't going to listen to you this way."

"Hux, she won't listen to me anyway. She hates me. She has a reason to hate me. I was the mistake. She dropped out of college to take care of my kid and was the one that gave me her everlasting vow to stay true to me. I gave her those same vows, but I broke them," Ben said looking out of the cafe window.

"Well, you were drunk. Very drunk," a laughing Hux said before taking another sip of his coffee.

"It was a party, I was supposed to have a few drinks and go home, not leave with a woman. Rey is going to kill me when she finds out."

"She won't know, she is too busy taking care of the baby. As long as you don't tell her, I won't."

"The wife always knows, Hux."

Hux sighed as did Ben. The two were close friends and both had similar situations. Hux has cheated on Gwen but it didn't matter since Gwen was always cheating on him. But, Rey never cheated on Ben. She was the wife that would stay up till you got home and made you a warm meal and always had your back.

"I'm a failure," Ben said silently.

"Tell her. Be honest and tell her that it was a mistake and you were under the influence. Bring her some flowers and give her a kiss or something."

"I guess," Ben said slowly. "It's better than nothing."

  "You got this," Hux said as he got up from his chair. Pushing his chair in, he smiled at the black haired man. "She can't stay mad at you forever."

Ben nodded and Hux left the bar. Grabbing his wallet, he paid the tab and walked out into the cold Courscant night. Getting into his car he began to reminisce about that night.

He was drunk. Very drunk. He was at a business party and had too much to drink. He kissed a girl and it was recorded and sent to Rey by one of his co-workers. Rey, of course, was mad and hurt. She refused to talk to him and kept on trying to avoid him. She even slept on the sofa just so she wouldn't have to sleep next to him.

After a few minutes of driving, Ben was at the store buying all of Rey's favorite things including flowers. After checking out, he got back into his car and headed home. Thankfully, the only one awake was Rey who was in the kitchen doing dishes.

"Rey, we need to talk."

"There is nothing we need to talk about, Ben." Rey said coldly.

Ben sighed and set all of the things he had gotten for Rey on the counter. Taking the flowers, he walked closer to Rey and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Rey, I'm sorry. I was drunk. I never meant to cheat on you, I couldn't even dream of it. I love you too much for that. You are my everything, Rey Solo. You always have and always will be," he said handing her the flowers.

Rey rolled her eyes. "I forgive you but you have to do dishes for a year," she said smirking. Ben couldn't help but laugh.

"I'll do them for the rest of my life if it makes your life easier," Ben said burying his face into her shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too."