Chapter 6

Song is just because :)))
Also, double update! Cause the previous chapter is so short
~~~~

  A few minutes had passed but still Kiba could not find anything to say in response to the girls answer to his blurted out... words. With an awkward silence from him, and probably her, they got ready for bed. Any thought of protesting was gone from Kiba's mind, he hadn't even considered where he might sleep.

  Soon, they were both in something more comfortable to sleep in, Ilya in a pair of shorts (like the basketball ones) and Kiba in a similar pair. Except they seemed longer on him because he was a few inches shorter than Ilya. "Wait just a second!" Kiba cried out, his pride as a man basically getting swept under the rug by Ilya.

  She glanced at him, a blush forming on her face as her silent actions implicated something that she didn't mean. "What is it, Kiba?" She asked, and if she were half as attentive as she was out in the wilds she would've seen the shiver crawl up his spine at how she said his name.

  Kiba quickly shook it off, "I can't sleep in the same room as a girl," he said in disbelief.

  "Well won't you have to when you go on missions with your team in the future?" She asked him, shifting her weight to her other foot and bringing her hand up to her chin. "Just think of this as practice for later," she said.

  And how his dirty little mind leaped in joy, in fact, those words alone nearly set him over the edge. He started mentally reciting the shinobi laws he has memorized to quell his desire and looked her in the eye. "I'll just like, go home or somethin'" he said, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.

  It finally registered to her what Ilya had said and she turned away quickly to the closet to hide her blush. She rifled through the closet looking for some more blankets and pillows.

  After searching for a few minutes Ilya turned to Kiba who was standing there awkwardly, a blank expression on her face. Kiba looked at her expectantly, "well?"

  "I don't have extra blankets.." Ilya said, trailing off and Kiba's face fell and also gained a bright red blush.

  "Soooo.. I should just head home?"

  "No, it's like 1am. You can just sleep in my bed with me."

  "What! B-b-but I c-can't do that!"

  "Sure ya can, besides, it'd be nice to have someone to sleep with..." she trailed off as she realized how that sounded and her eyes went wide a blush bloomed on her face. She immediately turned to Kiba and started waving her hands around nonsensically, "no no no! Not like, in a dirty way. Oh gods," she covered her face with her hands, "I meant like... since my father left after my grandpa disappeared I've been alone and some company would be nice, that's all." She peeked through her fingers at the flabbergasted boy standing in her room, while she was practically half naked in her standards and she could feel her whole body getting hot.

  Kiba watched the girl blankly, her words barely registered. Well they did, but he stayed frozen. He watched her embarrassment go from 100 to 1000 in seconds and he found it adorable. He wanted to know more about her the longer he spent with her and it never seemed to be enough. Finally he moved, flicking the lights off.

  She startled and looked at his backlit figure and stumbled back into the bed. She leaned back away from him as his perfectly serious face drew closer, and all her thoughts stopped-even the ones about how hot he was right now- when he reached forwards and grabbed one of the locks of hair that framed her face. She was already leaning back against her elbows, and he seemed to urge her further into the bed.