Bellamy Blake

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Come on. Let's get out of this stupid ship." Murphy wraps his arm around my shoulders, turning us to face where the door is.

"Is that Bellamy Blake?" I ask, seeing the dark haired male with his sister and Clarke Griffin.

"Yeah. I wonder how he got on the ship."

"Who cares." I scoff. "I just wanna stretch my legs."

"You mean you want to use your special speed to climb a tree and devour one of the blood bags in your backpack."

"How the hell..."

"I told Griffin to sneak you some." He shrugs as the door opens and Octavia Blake makes her way down the ramp.

"I fucking love you, Murphy." I laugh, hugging him once more.

"We're back, Bitches!!" I hear Octavia scream and everyone on the drop ship goes running down the ramp. I chuckle and hang back, waiting for everyone else to clear out before I leave.

"Come on, Calynn!" Murphy shouts from where he's standing in the grass.

"I'm coming." I laugh, walking down the ramp. 

I take a deep breath as I jump to the ground. I can smell and hear so many things that I've never been able to smell before. I can smell the fresh air, excitement from the other kids, I can smell the trees and plants and bugs, I can hear the trees rustling in the wind and I can smell something slightly salty in the wind. Rain. I can hear the rushing water from a creek and birds chirping in the distance. I deeply inhale again and grin at the smell of blood. Blood pumping through the veins of excited teenagers, blood running through the veins of animals all around us. The smell of the blood bags in the backpack strapped to my back, just calling my name.

"Calynn." Murphy's voice sounds and I flinch, having heightened my hearing.

"Yeah, John?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"Your eyes are starting to show. Go find a tree and feed." He gestures to the forest around us. "I'll be here when you're done."

"Alright." I say and run off to a more secluded part of the woods.

I make sure I can still see the drop ship and the people around it, before using my special speed to scale a tree and find a spot to sit on a branch. I take the bag off my back and unzip it, the smell of blood hitting me in the face. As much as I want to just tear into all of the bags right away, I carefully reach into the bag and look at everything inside it first. There's 4 full blood bags, a change of clothes, a hand gun, a medical kit, a bunch of rope, a spool of string, and a note. I pick up the note and carefully read it.

Calynn, I packed everything I could for you in here. There's 2 boxes of ammo for the gun in the front pocket of the backpack. I know the medical kit will be next to useless for you, but please use it and help my daughter, Clarke. She knows a bit about being a doctor, but not nearly as much as you. I'm sorry I couldn't get more blood bags, if I got more, they'd notice for sure. You're strong, Calynn. You need to use that strength to keep these people safe. But in case you needed a little reminder of who you are, check the side pocket of the bag.

Sincerely, Dr. Abby Griffin

Confused, I slowly unzip the large side pocket of the bag and gasp at what I see. In the pocket, are the twin daggers that used to belong to my parents. They're both gold and very extravagant. My father's dagger is bigger and burlier than my mother's, which is slim and lightweight. I briefly pull each dagger out of its sheath to check the condition of the blade, and grin when they're both perfect and untouched. I see a belt in the pocket too, and I pull it out. I strap it around my waist and hook the daggers into the loops. I notice another empty loop and pull out the handgun. The loop is too small for the gun, so I just tuck it into the waistband of my jeans. I check the side pocket again and grin. My mother's necklace and my father's ring are in there. They once told me that they were special and enchanted to keep them from burning in the sun. I also had a bracelet that's enchanted like the necklace and ring. I put the ring on the chain of the necklace and clip it around my neck.

I dig back into the bag and finally pull out one of the blood bags. It's cold, but I don't really care. I stare at the bag for a moment, feeling the veins under my eyes turn black and my fangs descend from my gums. I bring the bag to my lips and sink my sharp teeth into it, moaning at the taste that I thought I'd never have again. Before I know it, the bag is gone and I'm moving to my second one. I vaguely feel my eyes glowing as I regain my strength, and I grin. I quickly tear through all four bags before sighing in content. I can go months without blood, so I don't really care that I just drank all that I had. I wipe off my mouth and toss the empty bags back in the backpack. I zip it back up and jump out of the tree, walking to find Murphy. I find him by the dropship with a group of other people.

"What'd I miss?" I ask, making my presence known. Everyone turns to look at me, nobody speaking. "What?"

"Who are you?" Clarke asks and I chuckle.

"Calynn Jacobs, at your service." I mock bow and several people's eyes widen, but everyone remains quiet. "Okay, what's wrong with you people? Are you all mute or something?"