𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤

"Funneh, where are we even going?" Draco whined. Funneh had been swimming around aimlessly obviously searching for something. Draco had no idea what it was. He tried to pry it out of her, but she wouldn't budge. He tried saying that if she told him they would find it quicker, but Funneh said that this wasn't something she could explain. That got Draco's brain turning.

     "If this is related to Kyran 'disappearing' don't you think we should go to his house? Y'know, to see if he left anything? Like a note or a symbol or something?" Draco listed, trying to get answers. Funneh finally turned around and locked eyes with him.

"Draco, if Kyran left a note, don't you think his parents would've found it already? Did you see his mother? She looked a mess!" Funneh flailed her arms around, "They must have turned that room upside down and back up multiple times trying to find even the slightest hint of where Kyran went," Funneh explained. She looked down at the sand below her. They were a little higher up than they usually swim, so the sand looked gray and messy. "I know Kyran and he wouldn't do something like this out of spite or resentment. He's smart and isn't that careless." Funneh clenched her fists, her knuckles turning white. Although she didn't want to think about it, her mind couldn't help but wander to the worst of this situation. Funneh couldn't bear the thought of Kyran being lost outside of the barrier. She had seen the outside ocean once before, and it wasn't pretty. Her scales had hardened since then and could take hits. She knew Kyran's could not.

     She heard Draco behind her, his curiosity emitting the loudest noise in this forbidden area. Part of her wanted to leave. To go and see if she could find him. She could do it. Right?

     She had taken down soldiers twice her size and age before, so how much damage could some dirty water and sharp-toothed fish do to her that they hadn't already dealt. Physically, at least.

     Funneh finally spoke up after the long silence that stood between her and Draco.

     "I know this is very unlike me, but I want you to go home," Funneh ordered. Her voice was so intense, it caught Draco off guard.

     "What?! But you're the one who said for me to follow you!" Draco argued, flailing his arms around like a madman. Funneh was surprised he hadn't pieced it together. When it comes to predicting strategies, he usually takes the cake.

"I just," She took in a deep breath. "I just don't want you to get hurt. Your parents entrusted me with your safety. Now, go home, Draco." She turned around to face him, her eyes slightly watery, "Please."

"But why?! What are you going to do that could possibly put me in danger? I know how to fight, you've been teaching me! I can handle some slander from menacing merfolk. Why don't you want me to go with you?!" Draco argued, his voice getting louder with each sentence. Funneh stood there still clenching her fists. She was desperately trying to think of a quick answer to give Draco without saying what her true plan was. She looked up and opened her mouth before closing it. Draco's eyes were dilated, staring at her like her head just got chopped off. Oh no...

He started to shake his head, in disbelief at his mentor's thoughts. "No, no you can't be serious." Draco swam closer to the blueberry. "Funneh, you can't leave! You'll die out there! Are you insane? What are you thinking!?" Draco screamed. Funneh squeezed her eyes shut and turned her face away from the boy. She couldn't bring herself to say anything. Nothing was coming to her mind.