𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 - 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴

"Draco are you crazy?!"
"Oh come on, Funneh."

"Draco! You are being a complete idiot right now. More than usual!" Funneh barked at the younger merman swimming ahead of her. Funneh had been chasing Draco around for the past half an hour. Draco was on the lookout for either Kyran or Evan. If he found either one, he could surely find the other. Funneh, on the other hand, had been trying to stop him. She was supposed to be training Draco the way she had been. Of course, Funneh's old mentor had moved on, so she couldn't teach Draco. That was why Draco's parents had appointed Funneh to train him.

     Funneh could see Draco's potential. He was a skilled fighter and had the agility to become a great soldier. The one thing he lacked, though, was a motive. He would always swim about and skip on much-needed practice time. He was practically ripping Funneh's hair out.

     Eventually, Funneh caught up to Draco by pulling on his tail fin.

     "Ow! What the heck, Funneh! You know how much that hurts," Draco pouted. He stopped in his tracks and turned to face her.

     "I know that. That's why I pulled it," Funneh grinned, "Now, come on. I still need to show you how to do that secret move," Funneh teased. Draco's eyes lit up at the sound of her teaching him that move. He had always asked her about it, but she never budged.

     The two swam back to the training room Funneh was teaching Draco in. Funneh had just opened its door when two merfolk came up to her.

"Funneh! Funneh! Have you seen Kyran around? He hasn't arrived home yet and I'm getting worried." Funneh turned around to see Kyran's mother standing before her. Behind her stood Kyran's father, a hand on his wife's shoulder.

"Wha—? What do you mean?" Funneh asked attentively.

"Wait, you mean you guys haven't seen him at all?!" Draco interjected. He shoved Funneh aside, sending her into a nearby wall.

"Yes! He had come home last night and stayed in his room. I assumed he left again this morning, ya know, for the little trinkets he likes to collect, but it's already past dinner time and he hasn't shown up at all!" Kyran's mom spoke, tears daring to form in her eyes. Draco just stared with his mouth agape, not knowing what to say. Funneh came up and shoved Draco as he did her.

     "How long would you say he's been gone, ma'am," Funneh spoke in her guard voice Draco had become familiar with. She spoke with a firm and matter-of-fact tone that made her seem official. Kyran's mother clasped her hand over her mouth and looked to the floor. Tears pooled in her eyes as she tried to calculate how long Kyran had been gone.

     "I- I don't know... about 19, 20 hours," She spoke, her voice pleading. "I-I'm just so worried for my baby. He's been adventuring out a little far lately and I just," She couldn't even finish her sentence before slapping her hand over her mouth and retreating behind her husband. Funneh heard a choked-back sob come out of her. She couldn't help but pity the poor woman. Funneh has always admired her intense amount of patience and composure. Whenever Funneh would see her she was always with one of her children. But never with Kyran.

     Then something clicked inside Funneh's mind. She kept quiet about it, though. She didn't want to tell this poor woman that there was a possibility her son could've run away.