𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾 - 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘹

Kyran woke up abruptly to the sound of clanging metal and wood creaking. He couldn't quite recollect where he was. The area around him looked completely unfamiliar. He was surrounded by 2 walls of wood and lumber. The one behind him was a lot closer than the one across the room. When he tried to swim towards the farther side, he was stopped by a field of glass. He took a stroke back and saw an imprint of where his face had hit the cold surface. He slowly pressed his hands against it, still unsure of the whole situation.

     Where am I?! Kyran wondered. He kept trying to search around the room for any sight of clues. He had so many questions swirling around in his head. Where was he? What happened? Where was Evan? Why did his head hurt? And why was he here, in this box of glass.

Kyran swerved his head around searching for his raven-haired friend. He checked to his right and saw Evan knocked out again. He was hunched over at the bottom of the tank unmoving. His scales remained the frightening white color they always changed to when he experienced pain. The two seemed to be trapped in a decently sized glass box, filled to the brim with water. There was a much thinner piece of glass in between them, but thin enough for them to speak to each other. Kyran banged on the thinner piece of glass to try and wake Evan up. Despite Kyran's desperate efforts, Evan didn't wake. So, instead of trying to wake Evan up, he started analyzing the room for possible escape routes, if there were any. He didn't find any way for them to get out, but he found a door and a small stairwell across the room.

Then it came back to him.

He and Evan had been captured by three, or was it four, humans. They had scooped them up with a big net and spears. He remembered being stared down by ice-cold dark grey eyes as he was lowered by a blonde girl manning the lever. A different person with long blonde hair had swung a long wooden stick, or was it a bat, at Kyran and Evan, knocking them both out.

Kyran brought his hand up to the back of his head and felt around his scalp for a bump. After wrestling his fingers with his messy cobalt hair, he hit a soft spot and flinched over in response.

He looked around the room for what seemed like the millionth the time. He had become desperate for an escape. For some way for his to get out of this terrible mess he was in. Oh, what he'd do to be back in his mother's arms, surrounded by the nonstop chatter of his numerous siblings. He had never realized how much he had missed it until now. The constant talking or screaming had filled the dreadful silence in his life. Now that he was trapped, all there was was silence. Kyran curled up, wrapping his arms around the blue-turquoise scales of his tail. The bag on his side made jingling sounds as he adjusted his position. He had completely forgotten it was there. He had been stuck to it forever, it kinda just became a part of him at this point.

He gripped onto the translucent fins on his side. He didn't know what to do. He was hopeless. He was afraid. Squeezing his eyes shut, he sunk deeper into the despair that was overcoming him.

«««

     Above on the deck, maniacal laughter was erupting from Yumi's body. She was gripping onto a wooden pillar with one hand and using the other to hold her stomach. She was doubled over but didn't appear to be in any sort of pain. In fact, nothing could bring her pain at this point. Celeste's gloved hand rested on the back of Yumi's white collared shirt. A concerned look rested on her face, watching over her boss with worry.

     "Finally," Yumi spoke so sharply, it sent a shiver down Alec's spine. "We finally caught them." Her eyes were dilated so much, there was more white in them than grey.