𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋 - 𝘴𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥!

𝗐𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗇 𝖾𝗏𝗒𝗋𝖺𝗇 ;)

"𝘩𝘦𝘺! 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘮!"

     The boy sat on one of the borders of their ship, gazing out across the water. It was so peaceful today. No raging waves, no angry seagulls or pelicans trying to attack the surface of the water.

"𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰?!"

     He had long ago blocked out the sound of metal clanging, rope and leather being pulled, and the annoying voice of his shipmate.

"𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

     The voices just kept yapping away, disturbing his silence. They never do shut up, do they? Always arguing and bickering. I guess that's how siblings are.

"𝘈𝘓𝘌𝘊! 𝘎𝘌𝘛 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙 𝘓𝘈𝘡𝘠 𝘈𝘚𝘚 𝘋𝘖𝘞𝘕 𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌!"

     The voice was so loud and abrupt that Alec almost fell right off the side of the boat. He looked down to see the annoying blonde yelling up at him. He rolled his eyes as he jumped down off of his pedestal to face the male.

     "Yes?" The redhead responded sarcastically. He made eye contact with the heterochromatic pair of eyes in front of him. They seemed to share the same amount of loathing for one another.

"Yumi is requesting you. She's down below." He gave a quick stomp to the wooden flooring of their ship. They both heard a faint yell from where Elijah stomped.

     "She's been yelling for the past 7 minutes or so. Give or take." He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "Celeste has been trying to calm her, but you know she can never calm down after she gets pissed," Elijah explained in his strange overly laid-back tone.

     "Fine. I'll see what she wants," Alec stepped his way to the large wooden door that led to the Captain's cabin. He opened the door and walked down the few steps to find papers and numerous quills scattered everywhere. He walked deeper into the room to see the same familiar black-haired woman behind her desk. Even more papers seemed to be scattered on top of it. She looked a complete mess.

    Her hair was thrown up into a quick ponytail, unlike her usual tight and secure one. Strands that normally dangled neatly down her face were now sticking out every which way. She had her sleeves rolled up into bulky large cuffs right above her elbow. Beads of sweat were painted on her brow and the back of her neck. She looked as if she hadn't slept in weeks.

     As Alec came closer, she lifted her head and met his gaze. Her normally cold grey eyes were now filled with panic and exhaustion.

     "Yes, your majesty?" Alec sarcastically remarked. He leaned up against a large wooden pillar in the middle of the room. He knew to stay at least arm's length away from her when she was like this. He saw her expression shift from annoyance to the smallest bit of relief.

"Finally. Now you answer me," She spoke through gritted teeth, "I have a job for you." Alec raised his eyebrows, ready for another mission for him to be sent on. He turned his head, facing her directly, to let her know he was listening.