XVII

Lily's pov

A smile danced across my lips as the thoughts of me and Lucifer flooded my mind.

I felt heat spread across my cheeks at the images. I had went a step further with him, our bond growing stronger with time.

I opened the bathroom door, expecting to find him still in the bedroom after my shower but he wasn't there. My brows furrowed as I walked over to the large framed window that looked upon the gardens.

There he was, a tank top clad against his tattooed torso. The only thing that threw me off was the large horse that stood beside him. I chapped the glass, alerting him to my gaze.

Lucifer looked up, a smirk forming his plump lips as he watched me. He waved his hand, motioning for me to join him.

I laughed, running to the door and fleeing down the wooden stairs to the garden. I never felt so giddy with anyone before, although when it came to lucifer I felt different.

I smiled when I seen him, walking over to his side.

" Afternoon Darling" he greeted, walking across the grass. I smiled, nodding.

"Hi Lucifer" I said, playing with a loose strand of my hair. My eyes drifted to the beautiful animal beside him.

" For the devil, you certainly have a lot of pets you animal lover" I teased. Lucifer raised a dark brow at my statement, reaching for my hand as he placed in to the horses head.

I stroked it gently, smiling.

"This horse is a trapped soul" he informed. I tilted my head in confusion, looking up at him.

" what do you mean?" I asked.

" Her keeper was in the war. He was a cruel man, and died at battle with the horse" lucifer spoke deeply, his gaze not drifting from mine.

"That's so sad" I sighed, petting the horse again. Lucifer nodded, following my movements.

"What's her name?" I asked, smiling at the beautiful creature. " Beauty" Lucifer spoke quietly. Making me laugh at the sweet name he had given her.

" As in-" I started. " yes, named her after it. No need to embarrass me Darling. I'm meant to be cold hearted and you aren't doing a good job of keeping my hard exterior" lucifer joke.

Lucifers pov

I smiled intently.

Watching how her small nose crinkled due to laughter.

My Darling.

"Do you keep her somewhere near?" Lily asked, petting Beauty's side gently.

" I let her run freely. She chooses when to come and see me" I smiled. Lily nodded, contently.

I couldn't help but state. My veins tingling from the thoughts of her so fragile as I devoured her earlier. The corner of my mouth turned up slightly, glad of our bond strengthening.

She would soon be all mine. My everything.
My little mate.

"You know it's rude to stare?" Lily brought me from my mind, my focus turning back to her. I smirked at her words. " Eyes are drawn to pretty things, darling" I cooed, proud of the blush I caused that spread across her sculpted cheeks.

"You're such a flirt" she chucked, pushing my chest lightly. I reacted fast, catching her small first and pulling her into my chest.

Her eyes opened wide at the sudden close proximity, as I stared down at her.

"May I kiss you, love?" I said teasingly, my breath fanning across the delicate skin of neck.

Lily smiled, her long lashes fluttering shut slowly as she pecked my lips innocently. I chuckled at her actions, smirking darkly. I attached my lips to hers, kissing her passionately.

The pulses ran through my body, as I growled from the feeling. Pulling her tighter into my chest. My hand wrapped around her petite frame, my fingers circling the base of her neck.

"I can't get enough of you" I breathed harshly, my forehead placing to hers. As I bent my knees to reach her height. Lily smiled, pecking my lips once more.

" I hope this doesn't sound pointless but I'd like to take you on a date. If you'd like that darling" I said, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

You're the devil Lucifer.
Man up.

Lily pursed her lips, containing a smile that dared to follow. " It doesn't sound pointless. I'd love to " she nodded.I smiled to myself, glad that she accepted my offer.

"Very well then, Angel. Think we better get ready" I smirked, raising my brow at our current comfy attire.

"What's the dresscode?" She questioned, fumbling with her fingers as she stood in front of me.

How precious.

"Anything you wish, Darling. I winked " although I'd prefer nothing at all" I said, chuckling at her expression.

" okay. Time?" She asked. I tilted my head, inwardly thinking of a certain time.

" 6:30 sound reasonable, Angel?" I smiled.

"Absolutely" she laughed. With that, She ran out of view. I know it may have seemed stupid for us to go on a date, but I wanted to get to know lily more.

I mean, I certainly knew most about her but she didn't of me. I wanted Lily to feel at home here and I'd do everything in my power to do so.