IX

Lucifer's pov

Sleep.
Such a peculiar thing. Something a human needed, peaceful.

Yet I didn't get to experience the luxury. Mine was filled with the taunt of demons. I couldn't remember the last time I had slept.

I watched Lily as she slept, her chest rising and falling. Her heart beat steady and at ease.

I had never laid eyes on such beauty before. She was breath taking.

She stirred in her slumber, her eyes slowly blinking open.

" good morning love" I greeted.

Her frame jumped at my voice, alarmed from my presence.

" oh it's only you. You scared me" she said, her voice quiet.

" I didn't mean to startle you, I apologise" I said softly, sitting beside her.

Lily shook her head, smiling slightly. " it's okay, Lucifer" she said, sitting up and leaning against the head board.

I watched her inquisitively.

" Are you okay?" She questioned, combing her fingers through her perfectly messed hair.

" Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

" you're staring at me" she laughed, looking up at me.

" I just find you very beautiful, that's all" I said, winking at her. A small blush blush crept across her cheeks as she rolled her eyes.

" Thank you " she said politely, getting up and walking to the bathroom.

" I'll be right back"

Lily's pov

I leant over the sink, examining my appearance. Quite frankly I didn't see what Lucifer was talking about.

I mean, I didn't think I was exactly ugly. I didn't think I was classed as beautiful though.

I brushed my teeth quickly, then washed my face and hands.

When I exited the bathroom, Lucifer was sat in the same place.

" how about some breakfast?" He asked. I nodded eagerly, following him down to the kitchen.

Elizabeth was sat next to woman who had collected her from Lucifer's room. Crayons sprawled across the table as she concentrated on drawing.

" Good morning" Lucifer greeted. Lizzys head perked up, a large grin across her face when she seen Luce.

" Luce! Come and see what I am drawing " she giggled, bouncing eagerly on her chair as Luce walked over.

" wow, who might this be?" He asked sweetly. Placing his large hand on her back.

" it's obviouslyyyyy you and lily !" She said, shaking her head at him.

" May I see?" I asked, smiling at the young girl.

" of course you can! Come over " she said excitingly, waving the picture at me.