Chapter : 9 "A new friend."

Next day.

Today I'll have to go to Uni without Sarah because she is not feeling well. My bad
I was packing my stuff and felt something revolving around me but I let it go, may be I'm overthinking. Woah do I trust myself.Do I? I need to. Yeah I need cuz I'm not a psycho.

And again I felt it someone was coming near me I tried to back out and made my way upstairs and shut the door behind me. I found Sarah lying on the bed snoring loudly. Sometimes I used to get irritated but now it seems like at least there is someone with me. I checked up on her she having high fever.

Now I was debating with my brain whether to go downstairs or not. She needed me, how bad friend I'm. Can't I do anything for her. I will go & whosoever is that will have to show himself up or I too know how to play hide n seek.

With slow steps I opened the door and kept reciting duas, my silent weapon. Everything was normal no-one seemed to be there.

I made soup for her with constantly praying for her. I thought to stay with her today, unfortunately I couldn't. I had to submit the assignment. Moreover I had to return the books in library.

I went upstairs to her room and found the door open, my heart was beating at it's best rate. I tiptoed and entered the room and there was Miss Sarah playing with a ball and laughing without a break. Great. Just great.

Here was I worried nothing should have happened to her.

"Sarah are you okay? Did somebody crack any joke here? N how are you feeling now? How is your fever? N why are you not taking rest? Why do you behave like a child?" I said in one breath.

"Woah woah girl. Just calm down. How am I supposed to answer all these questions at a time?
Firstly I am okay.
2ndly no one cracked any joke. Just saw a meme.
Alhmdullilah I'm feeling better.
How can I stay on bed doing nothing so I was just entertaining myself.
Lastly yes I'm a baby. Don't you know yesterday I was given a name. So babies play." She said with a slight chuckle.

"No way. You're not a baby. You're a big girl now. I know it's very hard for you to accept it my child." I said laughing hastily.

"You're not good." She said with a sad smile

"Well I second that." I said plastering a smirk on my face.

In return I got a slight slap from her on my arm and I rolled my eyes to irritate her more.

Well you need to get well soon. So drink this soup now and rest properly for the rest of the day. I'll be leaving any minute now. So take care girl. I said giving her a smile.

" Yes maam I'll take care of that. You may leave now or you'll be late." She said pointing towards the door.

"I'm not dying to stay with you. Just going." I said leaving her with an awe.

I left for Uni half an hour before and here am I standing in front of the Uni.
I made my way towards the locker to get my books.

Today I'm alone. Sarah is also not with me. I should have stayed home. No way, I can't rely on her every time. I need to become more independent.

I entered the class and found a seat behind a girl. I made myself comfortable and turned my attention towards the professor.

Minutes after someone nudged my elbow and I knew who it was. Obviously it was that girl and she gave me gentle smile. We introduced ourselves and I came to know her name was Emma. The rest day went quite nice and I headed home feeling happy.

Next update soon in sha Allah.
Keep smiling :)
Have a nice day/night ahead.