He laughed.

I didn't even know Bill could laugh. I mean, yeah, he did sound cheery when I first met him. But, now if you think about it, that happiness he'd shown was fake.  But the way he laughed, it wasn't fake. It was actual laughter. Even with his distorted voice, his laugh sounded nice. Oh god, what am I thinking. Stop that Y/N!

"Well," Bill said. "Demons can't actually live by the 'learn from mistakes and move on' thing. We are expected to do everything right the first time, and hopefully get a second chance if we can't. Demons aren't very forgiving."

"Oh," I said quietly. "That's their problem then. You're actually kinda lucky, Bill. You gotta second chance from death, twice!"

"Heh, I guess your right..."

Silence, again.

"So," Bill started. "Since you now know so much about me, maybe we should talk about you."

"There's not much to talk about," I admitted.

"Of course there is, like where you came from, favorites, stories, I'm bored enough to listen to anything. It's only fair to me if you talk about yourself."

I had a feeling what he was saying wasn't the only reasons he wanted to know more about me. But, I wasn't thinking too hard on it at the time.

"Well," I said a bit awkwardly. "I came here from Piedmont, California. Um, my favorite food is F/F, and my favorite color is F/C? Does that work? Like I said, nothing too special.

Bill laughed, "That wasn't exactly what I meant."

"But, that's what you said!"

"Guess I better work on my explanation skills," Bill agreed. "I was thinking you could just talk about your experiences, or explain things about you."

"Oh," I said thinking.

I honestly didn't know what to talk about. I could maybe talk about when I broke my elbow. Nah, nobody wants to hear about how I fell down the stairs. Maybe that time when I went to hug Mabel at the waterpark, but it was actually a random stranger? Nah, too awkward and short. I could just talk about how I met Mabel and Dipper, maybe? Yeah, that'll work.

"Well," I begun. "Maybe I could  talk about how I met Dipper and Mabel? Eh, I guess it'll work." I moved a bit to get more comfortable. "It may have been about seven years ago. It was either second or third grade. I had moved away from my old town in Arizona, I think it was Flagstaff. California isn't too much different that Arizona though, both pretty warm states. But, there are definitely more people in California than Arizona- I'm sorry, I'll get back on track.

It was my first day of school in Piedmont. I was shy, so I sat by myself in the back of the classroom. The day was pretty uncomfortable, I remember sitting on a swing by myself. I wasn't one who was extremely loud, or interesting. So, I never had friends right away when I went places. A lot of times I would just sit in the corner and doodle.

Anywho, I was sitting there swinging, when I guess Mabel must've saw me alone, so she ran up to me and said 'hi!'. She had talked to me, trying to get me to talk. I did eventually, and we became close friends. She had also brought Dipper along with her. That's kind of how the twins worked. Mabel would go around and make friends and Dipper would just follow Mabel around. That's because Mabel was his only friend for a while. Dipper and I weren't friends at first. We had just known each other because we had the same teacher, and through Mabel.

But, when Mabel wasn't around, I had just hung out with Dipper. We had become close because of those times, and, eventually, we became best friends. And since we hung so much, I hung out with Mabel even more. This caused all of us to become the best of best friends. Does that work for a story?"

He was silent for a moment, as if he had to take the story in. He spoke soon enough.

"Yeah, I guess, but, you take to long time to finish."

"Hey!"

"Just saying the truth."

That's how it went for hours. We would just talk. Half the time, Bill would make a dumb comment, and then I would just fake hit him and defend myself. It was strangely fun. I had always had to listen to others. I always listened to their problems. But this time, somebody else listened, and he was actually interested in the first place!

While we talked, I had begun to realize something. I really liked Bill. He was fun to talk to, and actually pretty funny. I know when we break the spell on our souls... well, I probably won't see Bill anymore. I mean, I'll just have to live with that. We barely knew each other. I know he wouldn't be friends with me, I'm just a dumb mortal anyways.

Right?

{I was worried I wasn't going to get the chapter out on time. I've been on road trip and I won't be back home until Monday and or Tuesday. But, I finished the chapter in time. Chapter 9 should be out on Feb. 29.}