Chapter 4

Key:
Y/N= Your name
F/C = Favorite Color
A/C= Any color
H/C= Hair color
E/C= Eye color
S/C= Skin color

Y/N's POV

Everything stopped.

And I mean "everything stopped."

The winds stopped blowing, the crickets stopped chirping, even my breathing stopped.

The forest had stopped.

The world had stopped.

Everything seemed to drain of its color. Everything from the trees, to the grass, and the sky became a grey slate. I knew that I had messed up.

Badly.

I attempted to let go, but the hand suddenly went up in flames.

Blue flames.

Aren't blue flames ten times hotter than regular red flames?

But, to my surprise, it was just hot. Not scorching hot, but just regular hot. Like in the shower where it's pretty hot, but it's so hot it feels nice? That's kind of how it felt.

Then the entire statue lit on fire. Burning so bright I had to squint. The fire began to travel up my arm, but I quickly tore my hand away. From tugging so hard, I fell backwards onto my butt. I grimaced from the pain. I looked back up at statue. The blue flames began to grow bigger and glow brighter. I scrambled to get away from the fire.

The fire had glowed so bright where it looked like it was daytime in the middle of the night (well, even though everything was grey). I could've sworn that the statue had begun to crack. But, I had to look away and close my eyes, or I could've went blind. Even with my eyes shut, everything was a bright blue.

BOOM!

A sound as loud an explosion blasted through my ears. Then the blue went away. Everything went dark. I suspected that it was safe to open my eyes. Then I looked the statue, well used-to-be statue. Because all that was left was rubble from the statue and blue smoke. There actually were spots around the statue's remains that were still on fire, so that kept the place slightly lit.

I then looked what was above the destroyed statue. And there stood- no floated a yellow triangle. I quickly realized it was that demon from the statue. But it had it's back to me with his arms behind his back. It was just looking into the forest. It then spoke in a strange voice.

"How?" It asked. "How did you bring me back? Why did you bring me back?"

I was silent, I honestly didn't know how to comprehend what was going on. Mabel and Dipper were right, I guess there were some weird things that went on in this town.

It suddenly turned toward me and grew big and red, a scowl on its "face."

"ANSWER ME!" It yelled, it's voice lower and scarier.

I jumped and squeaked back, "All I did was shake that statue's hand and boom! You appeared!" I then mumbled quieter, "Please don't kill me."

The creature rubbed its eye in annoyance, "It doesn't make any sense, I was dead..." It began to ramble about things on how it shouldn't be here and why the person, that I presumed had "killed" it, spared it and only made it seem like it was dead. It then gave a look of sudden realization. "Of course," it said. "My life force must've been connected to the statue. So I must've in some kind of limbo for the time I was 'dead.' But, I couldn't have been brought back unless someone shook my hand..."