Chapter 8

Key:
Y/N= Your name
F/C = Favorite Color
A/C= Any color
H/C= Hair color
E/C= Eye color
S/C= Skin color

Y/N's POV

"I think we're lost," I said, out of breath. I didn't recognize where we standing (probably because all the trees look the same). This was really bad, would I just wait here until someone finds us, and maybe just slowly rot as nobody comes? Or would I try to get out of the forest and maybe only get more lost? Ugh! This was so frustrating.

"Wait," I said. "Bill, you know things right? Do you know where we are?"

Bill groaned and said, "Look, normally, I would know exactly where we are at all times. A perk of know a lot of things. But ever since you brought me back, that sense had been zoned down to the general area. All I can tell is that we're still in Gravity Falls. Same thing has been happening with what I know. It's all been blurry."

I facepalmed, "What worth is an all-knowing demon that actually knows nothing!"

"Hey!" He yelled. "I never said I was all-knowing. I said I knew lots of things, not all things. Plus, it's just taking a while for me get all my powers up to shape. I'm just a little rusty."

"Mhmm," I mumbled sitting down, with my back against a tree. I sigh, "So, we have no possible communication in a forest neither of us know our way in. Great."

It was silent for a bit. Neither of us were really on great terms with each other, so neither of us wanted to talk. But, it was boring. I eventually decided to say something.

"So..," I said, quietly. "Where exactly did you come from?"

"What?" Bill said, surprised at the sudden question.

"Where did you come from? I mean, you must've had a life somewhere else before you were in that statue."

"Oh, yeah." He said. "I guess you could say I'm not from here. I come from a different dimension called the Nightmare Realm. Sucky place, honestly. One day I left and came here. Not physically, obviously, since there wasn't an actual portal from the Nightmare Realm to here for me to go through. One day I did, I made a portal and went through. Let's just say I wasn't welcome and I was killed. It took me a year to regenerate back into the Nightmare Realm, only to get trapped another year inside a statue."

I couldn't say I believed him. He just answered the question  so easily. I wouldn't just open up to someone so easily. I shrugged it off, hoping he gave the basic idea.

"Oh, wow," I said, not sure how to respond. "Who exactly put you inside the statue, anyways?"

"Oh, I guess you can say a demon I worked for. And since I didn't do as asked, he put me inside that statue. Making me think I was dead."

"Couldn't he just give you a second chance?"

"He did, thousands of times. I wasn't exactly perfect for the jobs he was giving me. But, I was the best he had. That is one the reasons, I think, that made him keep me alive."

"I can understand," I responded. "A lot of people can. Everybody messes up. I couldn't count how many times I've failed a test, or made my mom mad. Mistakes, it defines the human race. I don't know if it's the same for demons, but the only way you can make good of your mistakes is to learn from them."

"Good advice from an annoying teenager," Bill said.

I playfully punched his arm, "Hey!"

Bill laughed. Wait.