"I'm the assistant coach." Mr. Davis laughed.

"Oh, cool." Matt tried to hide his nerves. What if Matt got hurt and Mr. Davis calls his sister, or what if he realizes he forged his permission slip?

"Okay, Arrendale, get on the field and start warming up with the guys." Matt nodded and ran onto the field and began to stretch.

He was getting strange looks from the guys, and death looks from Alex. "You're dead." Alex mouthed, though matt just shrugged it off. If one of them was going to die, it was going to be Alex.

They started with some basic footwork and sprints, all to which Matt was crushing. He ran the fastest and jumped the highest, with no sweat at all. He thought he might be overshooting it a little bit, but when Matt saw the annoyed look on Alex's face, he didn't care.

"Alright, boys, two lines!" Mr. Lucenzo yelled, and the guys formed two lines facing each other. Matt, not knowing what they were doing, hopped in a line. With a blow of a whistle, one guy from both lines ran at each other and tried to knock each other over. When Matt was up next, he saw he was going against Danny. The biggest guy on the team. When the whistle blew, Matt ran towards Danny, but he quickly got shoved to the ground.

Matt went flying backward and landed on his back. "Ya, Danny! Put the twig in his place!" Alex yelled. Matt's blood boiled at the sound of Alex's sadistic voice. Even though Matt had super strength, he was 130 pounds at 6 feet. If he didn't get the first hit, he could be flying across the field with ease.

"You alright, Arrendale?" Mr. Lucenzo ran up to him and helped Matt up.

"Ya, I'm fine." Being hit by a 300-pound linebacker hurt a lot more than Matt anticipated.

"Are you sure you're up for this, kid?" He asked as Matt hobbled back in line.

"Yes, sir. Couldn't be surer." Though one after another, Matt was getting thrown on the ground like a sack of potatoes. He felt like his ribs were shattered, and his shoulder felt dislocated though he kept getting back up and back in line.

On his tenth turn, it was him, verses Alex. Even though the helmet, Matt saw his smug smile. When the lists below, Matt and Alex ran towards each other, only Matt had a different idea than just trying to tackle Alex. He juked him out, and then grabbed him from the side. Even though Matt fell, he ended up on top of Alex.

It wasn't exactly what they were supposed to do, but it worked. "Atta boy!" Mr. Lucenzo yelled.

Matt heard a squeal from the bleachers, and he looked up to see Kaite.

Matt waved to her, but in a split second, he was grabbed by the jersey. His helmet bumped against Alex's. "Let's see you do that again." Alex spat.

"Just watch." Matt pushed him away and hit back in line.

He was back against Danny. 'of course,' Matt thought. When the whistle blew, Danny charged at him like a bull. Matt spun to the side and dodged him. He then tried to lunge at him, but Danny lifted Matt by his jersey.

"Whoa!" Matt struggled to put his toes on the ground. "I don't think that's allowed."

"Put him down." Mr. Luchenzo yelled. "And put Arrendale against someone his size."

"But coach, no one that small would be dumb enough to play football," Alex whined, and Danny dropped Matt.

"It's an okay coach. I wanna go up against Danny. And Tommy, and every guy on this team because I know I could take them." Matt said though he didn't fully believe that to be true. He did like that it made Alex's face get red with anger, even if he couldn't actually take on these guys.