Chapter Five

"Get up!" Matt shook his little brother awake.

"Ah, go away!" He whined into his pillow.

"No. Come on, we don't want to be late." Matt literally pulled Ryan out of bed. "Mya told me about your little stunt last night."

"Uh, Mattie! Mya already gave me my punishment last night, I don't need another one from you." Ryan whined.

"Kiddo I'm not going to punish or anything." Matt laughed. "But gosh kid you were stupid! I thought I taught you how to sneak out better than that."

"Ya well even you get caught sometimes." Ryan mumbled, still half asleep.

"Not in a long time." Matt laughed.

"Whatever."

"I mean really, leaving when Mya was home, and not telling me? I mean come on mate you always tell me when you're leaving so I can cover your ass." Ryan wasn't allowed to leave the apartment without Matt or Mya, and Matt wasn't allowed to leave Ryan alone. So when Mya was out they weren't able to do much, but they had an agreement. They could go out sometimes and the other one would cover for him if necessary. But Ryan always had to tell Matt where he was going. So it wasn't much of sneaking out, just going behind their sister's back. Though last night Ryan didn't even tell Matt, which was so unlike him.

"Well when I woke up I wanted to go meet with some friends and I would have told you but you were talking with Mya." Ryan explained.

"You don't sneak out when Mya's home, that's like seeking out rule number one." Matt rolled his eyes.

"Ya ya, I thought I wasn't going to get a lecture." Ryan rolled his eyes back and walked out of the room.

"So how long are you grounded for? Two weeks? Three?" Matt asked. He's been caught sneaking out a few times when he was younger and he got grounded for a month, though he expected Mya to go eiser on Ryan.

"A month." Ryan called from the bathroom.

"Damn kiddo. That sucks." Matt laughed.

"Ya but I don't have to follow to the grounding rules when your in charge right?" Ryan smirked as Matt entered the bathroom.

"We'll see tworp." Matt ruffled Ryan's hair and started brushing his teeth.

"Oh come on Mattie. I can't sit here and do nothing for a month. I mean no TV? No phone? This is ridiculous!" Ryan yellled.

"Would you rather dad's punishment?" Matt mumbled as he brushed his teeth.

"Well, no. But still." Ryan mumbled back.

Matt spit out toothpaste into the sink and rinsed out his mouth. "Look, Mya is doing the best she can. You know for a fact that Dad would have beat you dead if you snuck out."

"I mean I guess." Ryan didn't have too much experience with being beaten by their father, but Matthew sure did. When they lived with their parents and other relatives, Matt was a good fighter and hunter, but when it came to following the rules he wasn't so great. Their father would beat the shit out of Matt on a weekly basis.

  Training, lecture and punishments were the only time Matt actually saw his father. Ryan on the other hand was too scared to disobey any order he were given. He was so determined to be daddy's good little soldier.

There was a silence in the bathroom as both boys got ready for school. "Do you ever miss mom and dad?" Ryan Asked out of the blue.

Matt looked over to his little brother, shocked at the question. "No." He said. "Obviously not." He added, a little less convincing.