Chapter Eight

Matt rummaged threw his boxes of un packed clothes and pulled out a maroon hoodie and a white t-shirt. She slipped them on alone with some ripped jeans and spiked the front of his hair up a bit.

"And where do you think your going?" Matt looked over to see his little brother standing in the doorway of his bedroom.

"A bonfire." Matt said plainly.

"With?" Rayn asked and raised his eyebrow.

"Lexi." Matt threw on his amulet and tucked it under his hoodie.

"Not Katie?" He asked suspiciously and walked into the room, plopping Himself on top of Matt's bed.

"Were going to meet up, but she's going with this
jerk Alex." Matt mumbled.

"And you don't like this Alex?" Ryan asked.

"No." Matt grunnted.

"This is like a highschool party right?" Ryan asked hopefully.

"Uh, ya?" Matt said more of a question as he turned back to his little brother suspiciously.

"You know, I'm in highschool now." Ryan said with an innocent smile.

"No." Matt said flatly.

"Why? Your going!" Ryan whined.

"There are a lot of reasons why I'm saying no, and you know all of them already." Matt told him sternly.

"Fine." Ryan huffed. "What time will you be home?"

"I don't know, before Mya." Matt grabbed a bottle of Lush body spray and drowned himself in it. "Your not going to leave, right?" Matt tried to ask casually but it came out low and harsh.

"I don't know." Ryan said slowly. He doubted his brother would let him come to the party, so his back up plan was to go out and meet Poppy.

Matt walked over to Ryan and kneeled by the bedside so he way eye to eye with his little brother. "Let me make up your mind mate, your not going anywhere. Capish?"

Ryan tried his puppy dog eyes, though nothing was going to work. "Fine." Ryan didn't even try to bring up how it was unfair that his brother was going out but he couldn't . He could have blackmailed Matt and told him he would tell their sister that Matt left Ryan home alone to go out to a party, but Matt has a bunch of things he could hold over Ryan's head.

"You mean that? Your not lying to me?" Matt asked.

"No, I'll stay home. I promise."

"Good." Matt ruffled his hair and stood up.

Ryan reached into Matt's nightstand and pulled out a few things he unpacked. "Hey Mattie, don't forget this." Ryan threw a condom across the room and Matt caught it with one hand.

"Thanks baby bro, but I have enough in my wallet." Matt laughed and shoved the condom in his pocket. Ryan rolled his eyes and walked out of the room laughing. "See ya later. Don't forget to lock the door." Matt smiled and left the apartment.

He felt slightly bad about leaving ryan home alone, but the kid is used to it. He just hopes he stays out of trouble.

Matt pulled up in front of a large tan house with a white picket fence. He honked the horn and Lexi came walking out. She was wearing a tight black crop top and high waisted jean shorts. "Hey Babe." She smiled and got in the car.

"Hey cutie." Matt leaned over and gave her a kiss.  He started the car and followed the directions on his phone to campsite in the middle of the woods.