Chapter Fourteen

"Oh baby, at least let me but some foundation in it!" Lexi squealed as she touched Matt's back and blue eye.

Matt was sitting on the field bleachers, waiting for the couch to get there. Lexi, of course, saw his eye and rushed over from where the cheerleaders were practicing and was now probing his eye like a science experiment.

"Lexi, it's fine!" Matt groaned. "I'm fine!"

"Well, you look like shit." Lexi snapped at him. "How did this even happen?"

"I already told you, I was on my phone while walking, and I ran into a wall." Matt spared himself the humiliation and decided not to say he got beaten up.

"Ya right Matt, A wall doesn't do damage like this! Tell me what really happened." Kaite demanded, but Matt's attention was drifted to the cute girl who just sat down in the main bleachers. Katie smiled at Matt and then pulled out a comic book. "Mattie?" Lexi snapped and got his attention.

"Look, I have to go, wish me luck?" Matt said, and started to walk off.

Lexi noticed the nerdy brunette sitting in the bleachers and immediately filled with rage. "Mattie?" She slipped over to him. "Forgetting something?" She asked and pulled him closer to her.

Matt leaned down and kissed her quickly before trying to pull away though Katie wrapped her arms around him and then smacked his ass. "Good luck, baby," she whispered in his ear.

"Thanks, babe." Matt leaned in and kissed her again. He couldn't help but be turned on by her, especially in her tiny skirt. Though once Katie crossed his mind, he pulled away and ran up the bleachers to where she was sitting.

"Came to cheer me on after all?" Matt asked smugly and sat next to her.

"No." She laughed without putting her comic down. "I came to see you fail."

"Wow." Matt snickered. "Thanks."

"You do know that these guys are well over two hundred pounds, and you weigh in at a measly ninety-five?"

"I'm not that skinny!" Matt defended himself. Katie looked up from her comic for the first time and gave him a questioning look. "Screw you." Matt nudged her playfully.

"In your dreams, boy." She nudged him back.

She wasn't wrong, though Matt just rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"How's your face holding up?" She asked.

"It's fine." Matt shrugged. It's not like he could feel that much pain anymore, though he knew it still looked awful.

"You have blood on your lip." Katie laughed. Matt tried to lick it off, but it wouldn't budge. "Here, let me." She used her fingernail to scrape the dropped blood off of Matt's lip, and he didn't object. Unlike when Lexi touched his face, Matt got butterflies in his stomach. "There, now you're perfect." She said slowly and pulled her hand away from him.

"Thanks." Matt bit his lip where she just touched him and thought about biting her's.

"Careful, you might make it bleed again." She playfully smacked his hand away.

"Arrendale!" They heard Mr. Lucenzo call down from the field.

"Wish me luck?" Matt asked as he stood up.

"Good luck, God knows you will need it." Katie smirked and then watched her boy run down the bleachers. No, not her boy, a boy. Just a boy.

"Hello, sir." Matt greeted Mr. Lucenzo but then saw another one of his teachers came into the field. "Mr. Davis?" He asked, shocked. Why would his principal come to watch him tryout? "What are you doing here, sir?"